PDA

View Full Version : hypertech 111

r gomez
10-06-2005, 14:35
I'm thinking about getting the hypertech 111 for my 04 duramax and wandering if any of you have had problems with them. Also what kind of fuel mileage inprovments can i expect I live in Fl and most of my travel is on level ground
THANKS Ray

Kennedy
10-07-2005, 04:10
Many users love this tuner. Myself, I have had poor results on the dyno, and wil not say much more because I get called biased and a Hypertech hater. Dyno plots on my site under Gallery/Superflow speak for themselves...

markrinker
10-08-2005, 05:13
Last night, a 'friend' of mine INSISTED that he install his Hypertech tune on my 2001 LB7 so I could 'try it out'. He actually jumped in my cab when I stopped at his house to pick up my pressure washer, plugged it in and started the install. (I think he really wants to sell me the tuner, and get something else.)

Halfway through the install, the thing throws an error code and shuts down, the red indicator lamps fading to black. Tried again, same outcome.

Saved by poor programming! He put it back in the box and put it back on his garage shelf, muttering something about "the first owner must have installed another tune and left it on your truck..."

As I left his house, I nailed it with the gooseneck, skidsteer, and gear in tow. It handily broke the tires loose all through second gear as I headed up his street - in 'stock' trim!

[ 10-08-2005, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

silverback
10-09-2005, 09:48
I am pleased with the results on my early 04 LB7. I have kept it at the level 1 tune which provides a moderate but noticeable bump in performance. I'm getting a steady 18 MPG in non towing use. I am very tempted to try level 2 but I may go with an AFE intake first as I'm more interested in increased MPG (and lower EGT with my Banks exhaust) right now. I know John Kennedy has a dyno chart that does not look good for the LLY on level 1. So it may work better on a later LB7.
-Ken

r gomez
10-17-2005, 12:39
still haven't got a tune up chip yet .but my shift mod took a crap the other night lucky for me cause i have 1100 left on factory warranty
i think i'll wait for warranty to run out.before i add a chip still looking for the best chip for my style of driving i'm not a lead foot but want the power when @ hole wont let me Merge in .
i pull a 11000 lb trailor .and the rest is city
thanks