PDA

View Full Version : Confused

WOJO 1
04-02-2003, 20:59
Can someone please set me straight. I was at a local shop today asking questions. They carry the BD Power series stuff. EZ AMP and AFE intakes. I was told that the 90hp EZ AMP is all the Duramax will take. He would not touch the 125hp Juice. He also said that when installing guages that the probe should be on the down pipe for the best and most accurate reading. 1200* max. from this spot. Also said the AFE intake was required with the power box. I have been following you guys here and this is different from what most seem to be doing. His prices were a little high so when it is time I think I will definetly shop around and go with the proven testimonials here.

CanadaKev
04-02-2003, 21:14
WOJO 1,
BD Power, (which is 30 min. from me), will not sell the hot juice until they can access a reliable allison upgrade. They are worried about the tranny handling the 125 HP. So I ordered mine from Kennedy. As far as trying to sell you an AFE in conjunction with the juice is nonsense. Although, I do think it's a good idea, to make her breathe better.

As far as the egt probe goes, they also installed mine post turbo. That's fine by me, but you need to understand that it will read a couple hundred degrees cooler than pre turbo.

Kev

[ 04-02-2003: Message edited by: CanadaKev ]

[ 04-02-2003: Message edited by: CanadaKev ]</p>

Kennedy
04-03-2003, 08:46
Some day I may try the AFE intake, but as of today, I haven't run anything but the Amsoil filter in the OE box, and that includes at the Pull Off, and on the dyno at 432 RWHP!

Exhaust is much more important IMHO...

04-03-2003, 09:41
Don't run 1200 deg. post tubo for very long or you can do some quick engine damage. 1000 deg would be more like it.

Lone Eagle
04-03-2003, 14:43
John, I have never seen a dyno test. What gear do you use? Later! Frank Blum