PDA

View Full Version : Where are Duramax codes listed?

markrinker
10-08-2005, 10:00
My '01 LB7 had two codes stored, P1626 and U1041. No 'SES' light or warning, they were detected by a Hypertech tool.

Where can I find the meaning of these codes?

More Power
10-08-2005, 12:49
Right here!

P1626 - Conditions for setting this DTC: The PCM (ECM) has not established communications with the BCM (Body Control Module) and has not received a valid password before the fuel disable decision point was reached.

This may have occurred due to a faulty ignition switch Passlock II assembly or someone may have incorrectly installed a remote start system. The engine won't run unless the ECM receives the correct fuel continue message, so this may not be a problem unless you experience a no-start in the future.

U1041 Indicates a communication error with the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module).

Clear the codes, then see if they re-appear. By the way, these codes are not specific to the Duramax, but rather to all GM trucks & SUV's in this approximate year range.

Jim

markrinker
10-09-2005, 17:55
Thanks, Jim!

The truck does have a non-functioning remote starter installed. It doesn't allow the engine to crank long enough to start. Don't plan to use it anyway, as the truck is stored away from my home and will be plugged in all winter.

It also has a Prodigy e-brake controller that recently burned out. It was replaced free under warranty. Maybe this code was set when the unit was failing?

I cleared both codes and will see if either returns.

[ 10-10-2005, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]