PDA

View Full Version : Oil bypass systems and oil

fourtenposi
10-09-2005, 04:11
Just looking for opinions on amsoil oil bypass system and the oil guard. Pros and cons on each system. I was kinda leaning towards the amsoil setup because it relocates both filters. I was planning on letting the oil analysis dictate when I change my oil. I was plannig on also running the amsoil heavy duty synthetic oil.

Thanks for all opinions

LanduytG
10-09-2005, 13:13
I guess that I could be called bias, but come Nov 1 the Amsoil system will be blowing away the Oil Guard in filtering capability. First off the full flow filter will be rated at 15 micron with 98.7% efficiency. Then the by-pass element itself is also getting a make over and will be 2 micron at 98.7% efficiency instead of 3 micron as before..

These numbers will be on the filters so their will be no mistake if you have one or not. They will also be changing the parts numbers. Like now the full flow is the SDF-52 and the new on will be EaO52.
Yes, the Amsoil might cost more to maintain but it filters better.

Also if you are using the Amsoil full flow filter only along with either the Amsoil 15W-40 or 5W-30 Heavy Duty Diesel you can go one full year or 25K miles without oil analysis.

All Amsoil filters have under gone changes to the new Nanofiber Technology. Which was developed by Donaldson. The Ea stands for absolute efficiency.