PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Question

HD-Nate
04-04-2003, 08:58
Been lurking over here for a few days and thought it was time to step up to the plate. Just picked up my

a64pilot
04-04-2003, 09:06
HD-Nate,
Break it in well first. Performance wise I believe the best bang for the buck is the TST powermax. $849= 140 rwhp and boost and pyro gauges included

Oongawah
04-04-2003, 09:49
Oh dear, here we go again(hehe).

TSimpler
04-04-2003, 11:24
Get "juiced" or even Hot juiced. I love mine, it is a think of power and fun.
Better even than my supercharger on my Yukon

Maverick
04-04-2003, 11:51
If you feel the power is good and just want the BB sound, get a KD exhaust. Relatively inexpensive and great sound. Especially when going under overpasses and passing motorhomes (on the left) at WOT. Has a nice rumble at idle. Not much loader (than stock) at cruising speed until you get on it.

HD-Nate
04-04-2003, 12:10
Oh dear, here we go again(hehe).

Sorry to bore you :rolleyes:

HD-Nate
04-04-2003, 12:18
a64pilot-
Been reading the post on the TST and Edge, I do like the pyro on the TST better. Any problems with warrenty when these devices are added??

If you feel the power is good and just want the BB sound, get a KD exhaust.

THANKS for the tip Maverick, yours looks good on your K35, I like the rolled back tip. Does anyone have a sound clip of the KD??? (Never mind, found a clip and I like it, placing order smile.gif )

This will probably be my next Mod to the truck. Ive never had stock exhaust for more than 1k miles on any of my new vehicles so why should this one be different :D

The Power is good but as always it could be better.

[ 04-04-2003: Message edited by: HD-Nate ]</p>

a64pilot
04-04-2003, 13:10
I can pretty much promise you it won't matter who makes it if they "the dealer" see it you may not have a warranty problem anymore. You may not have one, warranty that is.
Personally I believe it would depend on the failure. I think they would warranty your stereo or power seat or something.
In good conscience I don't think that I would try to get them to warranty a power train problem after I increased the power by about 50%.
I have seen the statement "You play you pay".
I pretty much have to agree with that.
IMHO you change the configuration that it came from the factory with and have an associated problem then you should pay.
Go into it with open eyes, huge increases of power will eat into the safey margin built into any related componet and will I feel surely shorten it's life considerably.
Darn sure is fun though and I enjoy having fun.
You should see the little sport compacts when a 7,000+ lb. Dooley blows them away. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Kent Tuttle
04-04-2003, 13:31
ND-Nate_I second what Maverick says about the KD exhaust, great sound. Also, the largest power add on was the Edge Juice. Make sure you add the gauges! John is a great source for most of this performance stuff. Good luck!

CYCLONEDIESEL
04-04-2003, 14:03
Bang for the Buck? The first mod should be to remove that stock muffler. If you like hot rodding, you will love the result. Opening up the exhaust with help out with later upgrades. You can replace the exhaust with some madrel bends if your 2003 is the same as my 2002. Cost me $25 and a little time and a welder.

GMCTRUCK
04-04-2003, 14:17
HD-Nate, your first mod might want to be to your signature. You've got your truck listed as a 1993. You're gonna want an exhaust and gauges before you add any kind of power module. Check out the Banks exhaust. Sounds great, fits perfect, and its stainless steel.

sdaver
04-04-2003, 15:28
Welcome.......Nate.........I dont think the oh no was in anyway refered to you as a boring subject. The question "What is the best bang for the buck for my Duramax

HD-Nate
04-04-2003, 16:02
GMCTRUCK.... :eek: HaHa

THANKS for pointing that out....That was a big duh.

HUH...... :confused: It says 2003 in my profile but 1993 in the post......I'm so confused.

Ahhh, its fixed!!

HD-Nate
04-04-2003, 16:13
Welcome.......Nate.........I dont think the oh no was in anyway refered to you as a boring subject

sdaver...

Thanks for the reply. NO....I'm sure it was not and my apolgies if it made me come off as a wize azz.

I spend WAY too much time on other forums and have got to know most of the members personally. We joke around with each other a lot.

I have to remind myself that I'm new here and to be good for awhile and that for some reason the HTML/UBB codes do not work in here. :mad:

I will check the link and thanks for sending!

Burner
04-06-2003, 00:01
Nate,

:D Welcome to The Diesel Page :D

Most of the mods will be within 10 to 15% of each other. What you are most likely looking for is reliability of your power. John Kennedy is probabaly your best source for that. However, there are other mods out there to look at. Trust me, if there is something you see and don't know about, TDP will key you in. Your 03 has a bunch of neat gadgets but the instant MPG, Avg MPG and miles to empty will not work once you mod your truck. You must "know" your gauges. FYI - :eek: Do not let your truck run out of fuel.

Burner -----&gt; :D

Oongawah
04-06-2003, 19:59
Thanks sdaver, you are absolutely right.

Welcome Nate! I was tired when I wrote that, and intended it for those who put up such a heated debate in the past over the subject. I love my setup, but will let you know that this power thing is addictive.

Burner, what was your experience? I just ran mine out of fuel two weeks ago and to push a bit, and when I started passing a kidney stone the next day, I surely thought I had a hernia. Take it easy Chuck.

Oongawah
04-06-2003, 20:12
Nate, I don't know how I was tired at 8:49 AM, I guess I was thinking of another post. I usually don't get on here in the mornings. Maybe I'm funnier at night. Take care, Chuck.

Burner
04-06-2003, 23:17
Chuck,

All trucks are different. If the low fuel light comes "on" you better stop real quick, like within 4 or 5 miles!!! :eek: Mine put me on the road for 2 hours waiting on fuel. Priming a "dry" system is not fun. Find you low point when you fill up. ;)

Burner---&gt;

Oongawah
04-08-2003, 22:46
I heard that loud, and clear. My wife is giving me a hard time because she told me this would happen. Keep your chin up, Chuck.