PDA

View Full Version : What is that wire?

2K2AD
04-05-2003, 15:13
While I was changing my oil this morning, I noticed a wire that was disconnected and just dagling in the breeze. It is wrapped in heat shielding foil and has a tan colored three-prong (female) plug. It kinda comes down near the oil-spewing crankcase vent tube and is hanging on the passenger side tie rod. I looked for it's mate, but gave up after about an hour. Is this thing for an accessory or option that I do not have/need? Truck runs great, no codes. Any ideas?

Kevin

saskdiesel
04-05-2003, 16:37
Kevin:
My guess would be the block heater plug in cord. We are familiar with the heater in our part of the world. If You look under the hood near the front of the engine attached possibly under the battery You will probably find the other end of the cord. There should be a mating plug on the side of the block!!!!

2K2AD
04-05-2003, 17:16
Sask,

Great guess! Took all of 30 seconds to find once I was looking in the right place. What a poor design, the connector does not have a latch or any type of restraint. It just slides in and out freely. Thanks for the help and welcome to the board!

Kevin