PDA

View Full Version : Injector Problem or wires ?

VT_mountain_man
01-20-2005, 19:01
My stock 04/GMC/2500 HD with less than 7K miles is at the dealer with a service eng light on and a loss of power when driving. 1st they told me it was a bad injector and it would take a week to get parts to fix the probem. <Day one>
Next after working on somemore, They have stated
that it is the eng wireing harness. But still can't get the parts until maybe next week. <day two> also I had founnd that if you shut of the
truck and restart it it would run fine for about the 1st min or two. This sounds like an electronic problem to me. as the dealer stated that the injectors check out ok on ther own.
Has anyone else had this type of problem ? It looks like a big injector cover up problem other wise they would have the parts on hand somewhere and should be able to over night ship them to my dealer.

By the way, this is my 1st posting !

Cornell
01-21-2005, 05:08
I have a similar problem and turned out to be turbo, It took two weeks to get the parts.

stockho
01-21-2005, 07:36
there is a service bulletin out that describes your complaint perfectly.It's a loss of power and ses light on.Can be intermittant..There is a wiring harness that rubs through at the rear of the alternator that causes all this..We've seen 12 so far in the last few weeks at my dealer..

VT_mountain_man
01-21-2005, 19:45
thanks for the replys ! I hope it's not the turbo and will let you Guys k :mad: now how it all works out whenever I get the truck back.
Stocko > would know what SB number that is ? It only took my dealer 2 plus days to come up with the wiring fix and you have seen 12 in the past few weeks.

Just my luck,a big snow storm here this weekend
and my truck is in for repairs. I hope this is not the start of big problems with this truck. Maybe the old Dodge Ram was not that bad ! as it did take a lot more miles before it had problems

VT_mountain_man
01-26-2005, 10:15
week two : still waiting for parts. called GM and was told none in stock. waiting for the wire harness to be made,then shipped to GM, and then the dealer next week. maybe monday! looks like they have quite a few trucks out there with this problem

More Power
01-26-2005, 14:25
Wiring harness?? The service manuals devote an entire section to repairing wiring, connectors and harnesses.....

MP

madmatt
01-26-2005, 19:22
pics wouldn't load!

Bulletin No.: 04-06-04-001

Date: January 08, 2004

TECHNICAL

Subject:
Various Intermittent Driveability Conditions - Hesitation, Lack of Power, Etc. (Check Connection/Replace Connector Bodies)

Models:
2001-2004 Chevrolet Silverado
2003-2004 Chevrolet C4500/5500 Models
2001-2004 GMC Sierra
2003-2004 GMC C4500/5500 Models
with 6.6L Engine (VINs 1, 2 - RPOs LB7, LLY)

Condition

Some customers may comment on various intermittent driveability conditions such as hesitation, lack of power, etc. Various engine faults or DTC's may occur due to backed out pins in the main engine harness connectors C107 and C108 (Silverado/Sierra) or C118 and C119 (C4500/5500).

Cause

The main engine to chassis connectors utilize a plastic tab formed into the connector body as a terminal lock (5). If a terminal lock (5) is damaged or broken, the terminal (1, 4) will be pushed partially out of the connector body (2, 3) during assembly and will make poor or no contact with its mating terminal. Various and intermittent engine control faults may occur.

Correction

Note: When reconnecting the engine to chassis connectors, slide the Primary Lock Reinforcement partially out of the male side connectors to support the ends of the male pins upon installation. Guide the chassis side connectors straight into the engine connectors when using the lever lock to avoid terminal misalignment. Failure to do so may cause terminal lock breakage.

Inspect the terminals in the male and female sides of the connectors for broken terminal locks by removing the Terminal Position Assurance comb at the back of the connector (if equipped) and gently pushing and pulling on the wire in question. If the wire moves within the connector and does not lock into position, the connector body should be replaced.

Connector Components

The 6.6L diesel engine utilizes a 24 way and a 38 way Packard Lever Lock GT Series sealed connector for the engine to chassis connection. Connector components can be serviced using the J-38125 Packard Terminal Kit. Connector bodies are available through GMSPO.

Components available from J-38125

Parts Information

Components available through GMSPO

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

Warranty Information

VT_mountain_man
02-10-2005, 18:45
I know some of you don't like to here about some of the real Problmes with GM and Dmax parts. But I think GM has a real bad supply problem for Damx parts

My truck is still at the dealer > 4 WEEKS yes 26 days and counting. No chance of parts this week at all. they already got thier one wrong part for the week.

I have called GM customer service 3 times in the past few weeks. what a Joke they are! no help at all.

They still stick to the bad Eng wireing harness as the fix. The poor tech has gone over every inch of the one that is on the truck,the connectors and it still acts up. He tried to fix it last week and they called me and said it was fixed. Less than 10 miles down the road it acted up again. It goes into limp mode, running on 4 cylinders. The GM support person is still telling them to change the eng wireing harness, But GM can't supply one. At this time we are up to 3 harness
shipped to the dealer and none of them any good !
>harness one missing the injector cables.
>harness two wired wrong told by GM rep not to use it.
> harness three a total wrong part.
>harness four No date yet,told maybe sometime in MARCH

:confused: does anyone know how to contact someone in upper management at GM that might help. getting ready to invoke the Lemon Law

VT_mountain_man
02-17-2005, 18:30
Picked Up the truck this week !

The engine wiring harness installed and working.
They had the truck for 30 days. they went right to the wall on the lemon law. As that was my next step.

I have put about 250 miles on the truck in the past few days ! IT's running good, glad to have it back!

needlees to say it, But GM has a major problem with parts for the Duramax engines and is not doing anything about it. I have been reading threads in some of the other diesel Forums, as well here and have found similar problems with the parts supply.

GOOD Luck ! too any of you that might have a down truck and need parts.