PDA

View Full Version : dead dmax

DADGLW
10-11-2005, 16:01
first time post..great site..dmax died again today. did it abut 6 weeks ago. shut it off and tried to start it and no go. turned over but no fire. changed fuel filter and after churning on it for a while ,fired up and ran great. been starting hard again changed filter again.didn't make no diff this time. went in on the hook...any help would be great....

More Power
10-12-2005, 06:27
If you can bleed air from your fuel filter - day to day or start to start, you have an airleak in the fuel supply system. This could be due to a defective hose, loose hose clamp, damaged fuel line or some part of the fuel filter/assy is leaking air.

Are you able to repeatedly bleed air from the fuel filter?

Jim

Kennedy
10-12-2005, 07:12
What year and mileage?

DADGLW
10-12-2005, 14:55
not getting any air when i bled the system.pumped the bleeder quite a few times thinking that it might have been leaking back, only 62000 miles on it.. thinking it might be injector problems, still waiting to hear back from dealer..its an 02

Kennedy
10-12-2005, 15:52
Excess return from a problematic injector(s) can make it difficult to start as you need to hit 5,000psi for the ECM to start firing injectors. Some times pumping the primer up hard helps for short term...

DADGLW
10-13-2005, 13:35
thought i would let you know that the CHEVY dealer imformed me that the injectors were junk..low pressure... but they couldn't fix it because it is a GMC...so they took it to the GMC dealer for me..at no charge. really great service...

DADGLW
10-18-2005, 14:38
GMC dealer called today truck was done...couldn't find anything wrong with it. chevy dealer said injectors were junk..don't they have the same equipment? who's right?

Xmas1
10-18-2005, 15:52
Chevy dealers are allowed to work on GMC's and GMC can work on Chevy's. So if the Chevy dealer took it to the GMC dealer then I would suspect they they may have thought/known they were in over their heads. I take my truck to a GMC dealer all the time because they know diesels well and are open 24/6 (closed on Sunday). Either way I give your dealer credit for moving the truck to another dealer for you. There is probably something going on but the GMC dealer just hasn't figured it out yet.

oyazi
10-18-2005, 17:30
GM is cracking down on cross-servicing.

There are 3 exceptions and DADGLW really met one of the exceptions. Safety, special request approved by GM and if towed in . The Chebby shop may feel uncomfortable close to the definitions and wish not to take a chance on a big ticket denial of reimbursement.

Recently tried to obtain cross servicing for my chevy and ran the gamut as the dealer just ate a $2,200 repair on the other model. Really its the service mgrs call and we really don't want him to do something he doesn't wanna do as it will reflect in the service.

DADGLW
10-19-2005, 14:21
oyazi....your rite on all..even tho i bought it from the chevy dealer they need authorization from gm to warranty it,since the gmc dealer is so close.they were surprised that they couldn't find anything wrong with it..but i did get my new fuel filter..suppose to hear back from area rep tommorrow.