PDA

View Full Version : Stock D/A'ers Question

txguppy
12-29-2002, 13:41
Hello All,

Over the past year or so I

Bobcat698
12-29-2002, 16:11
Well, I am sorry to say that I have had MAJOR problems with my truck.

So far my fog light burned out & the license plate illuminator light burned out.
Very stressful for me to have it in the dealership for 15 minutes having my baby fixed ;) :eek:

ram/tx
12-29-2002, 16:16
txguppy---Mine is pure stock just as when it rolled off the show room floor and I have 18,200 miles on it and I have not had one problem with it other than having it reflashed for the 2to1 hard shift and the bussy shift when cruse was on and cold loopie idle. After the reflash no problems at all. I get 15 mpg around town and 19.7 on road trips. That is average of course. I'm glad you ask this question because I have been wondering the same thing. Just didn't know how to ask it without p@@@ing alot of people off. Hope we heard from others without the power enhancements. :eek:

BigLakeDMAX
12-29-2002, 16:38
Well, not alot of miles here - no towing yet - 6900 miles on the three month old truck and I just got it back from the dealer Friday after they had to replace the water pump. My only mods are an Amsoil 2 stage air filter and the high idle switch.

FirstDiesel
12-29-2002, 16:49
I'm stock except for an Amsoil air filter. About 10,000 miles on the truck with a few tows of a 12k tag along trailer. So far my big problem has been a trip to the dealer to remove a few handfuls of leaves from the heater fan. Still would like to know how they got in there past the mesh on the air intake. Also would like to know what genius installed air filters in the A/C system AFTER the fan!!!

Tsckey
12-29-2002, 16:59
Just over 10,000 miles, bone stock. Some light towing, but mostly just running around. Overall avg mgp over 16, near 20 on the road at 75 and under. Only problem is a pooped out key fob. I actually have to open the doors with a key.

TC

AKDmax
12-29-2002, 17:00
Minor problems here. Threw the P0181 code a couple times when plugged in above 30 degrees and using high idle immediately after startup. Had the rear spring isolators replaced, and an alignment. Still have the grin after 16,000 miles

FISHDMAX
12-29-2002, 17:10
txguppy- Picked up my truck in Janurary. Headed for the Yucatan in February. Had the oil, rear dif fluid, and tranny filter changed there in McAllen. I pulled a 9,000 lb fifth wheel. Change oil light came on in Roswell NM on the way back in May. Replaced the shot stock shocks with Bilsteins(huge improvement). I had the steering rattle but waited for the correct fix per this site(lower bearing). The truck has been GREAT. It now has 21,000 miles. I did change to Mobil 1 Delvac at 15,000.

[ 12-29-2002: Message edited by: FISHDMAX ]</p>

mattb5150
12-29-2002, 17:27
No power enhancers, 30K miles no codes here.

Matt B.

[ 12-29-2002: Message edited by: mattb5150 ]</p>

et
12-29-2002, 17:49
20,800 miles with out a problem or code of any kind. Other than replacing a deformed interior manual door lock cover, due to being installed backward at the factory, I have not had the truck back to the dealer for even program updates. I pull a 30 Airstream Excella 1000 at or slightly over the posted speed limit generally on "snooze" control.

I am even impressed with the factory Firestones. When I rotated the tires for the fourth time at 20K miles, upon visual inspection, I found a nail had punctured the left rear tire. When I pulled that three incher out, the tire lost air. When having the tire repaired they found two more nails had pierced that tire. I can't believe it had held pressure. I had just returned from the Wallawa Mountains pulling an enclosed trailer with all the gear for a ten day elk hunt for five hunters including two sixteen foot miltary tents and three of the hunters. That tire is now the spare but the tread on all tires looks like they should last to at least 50K miles. I had trouble with the Firesones on my wifes' Tahoe and I had planned to replace these at my first opportunity, but now I will keep monitoring and rotating.

It was an investment but so far so good and the smile has turned into a sly grin.

Applecore
12-29-2002, 17:55
From Austin MN 30,000 miles, pulling a 37' 5th wheel, two trips to Tacoma Wa 4,000 mi each, One trip to Floridia, pulled 5er to Naples, then drove solo to Key West. Only problem was a fuel leak at #8 injector, tightened and no problems since. In the last week installed Banks Exhaust and Edge Juice. Heading for Floridia mid January - Pensicola area.

Diesel_Lawyer
12-29-2002, 18:03
14,000 miles on a 2002 D/A CC, some trailering pulling 5,000 lbs of plywood, some snow plowing
no problems whatsoever.

(there was a recall notice to replace seal around roof stop light, mine never leaked but stealer replaced seal anyway

dmaxstu
12-29-2002, 18:25
25000 miles Had the intermediate steering shaft replaced but it did not solve the rattle. Had the SES light come on after using the block heater twice that problem has yet to be resolved also, other than that no serious defects. Stu

[ 12-29-2002: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>

bryantch
12-29-2002, 18:42
i guess i am odd man out, so far at least...

purchased bully dog but never got to install due to problems...

1. bad fuel rail leak
2. transmission problems including prindle replacement, general gremlins (wont go into gear sometimes, grade braking works intermittenly at best, have all updates but truck will sometimes not go into first gear when stopped at a light until i accel and then bangs into first, will not stay in overdrive going up the smallest hill with even the smallest of loads, etc...
3. flying drivers side door lock - repaired or replaced 7 times so far and still flying.
4. license plate light fell out...replaced once going in again for same
5. drivers door window regulator replaced
6. dead batteries caused by some relay during cascade shut down...dealer cant find problem.
7. when batteries go dead the transmission will not go into gear. last time the truck had to be turned off/on 21 times before truck would go into gear.
8. lopey idle
9. abs stops working (icy roads hard braking), light comes on, drive for 1/2 hour or so light goes off and abs works again...going in for this one next week.

Generally I have been disgusted with this truck from a reliability standpoint. I am currently in the process of negotiating with gm as to the fate of this truck (lemon law lawyer). I will say in fairness though that these problems aside, I do generally like the truck and feel that the majority of my problems have been stealer related. They (stealer) have been unable to fix the majority of problems and even the small ones (door lock and license plate light) seem to be unrepairable by them (they used hot glue to repair the license plate light last time)even with info that I have given them from this site (lopey idle, updates, etc.)!

I dont know what will happen with this truck but I just picked up an 03 gmc 4x4 crew from a different dealer ($3000 less than invoice with rebates) and hopefully it will be a better experience.

MadDuraMax
12-29-2002, 18:48
tx,

Only problem I've had so far is GMAC keeps sending me payment notices :D

Dawg
12-29-2002, 18:55
No mods yet except for 265 tires. No codes. Had slight lopey idle. Software update took care of problem. 17,000 miles. Lots of trailer towing over mountains. Daily driver for the wife, four miles to work. Still getting 18+ miles/gal. Very happy and can't complain.

sdaver
12-29-2002, 19:53
23k miles juiced since 500 miles............no codes no problems.......my duramax is driven to the max regularly. purchased new in july. in my opinion theres nothing even close........drove my friends new 03 dodge cummins(basically the dodge clone of mine only its garnet)its a very nice quiet truck. does not have as much in cab room and the power is alot less than mine stock or juiced. as much as i liked his truck i would rather have a duramax. i think there is a certian percentage of trucks (all brands) that present pesky problems that most service managers with good people skills and a few mechanics with some common sense could solve.......90 percent of the problems posted here could and should have been resolved with one trip to the dealer........personally the service manager at my dealership is the only woman i ever wanted to punch in the mouth.....that was over my 99 2500 gasser and a defective ac compressor. have not had to visit her with my duramax...........due to business relationships and community ties i have purchased 5 more vehicles from that dealer....and have had basically no problems. i just hope im not jixing my self here. good luck with your problems bryanttch. dave

OC_DMAX
12-29-2002, 20:05
My truck's engine is stock except for the Amsoil air filter. The truck has about 10,000 miles on it. Vehicle is used primarily on the weekends for going to the mountains, desert or Colorado river (camping, motorcycle riding, and boating). About 8K of the 10K miles has been pulling trailers (boat or camper, both weigh about 6000 lbs).

I have had no problems with the truck. The last time it was at the dealer was when I took delivery of the truck on 11/6/01. A satisfied GM customer to date!

Paintdude
12-29-2002, 20:10
I am at 6000+ miles, truck is not my daily driver..Have towed with it over half of its miles, only real problem I have had the steering rattle and I got it fixed..A real PITA getting the stealer to fix..

Belstien shocks installed and Aux fuel tank-a must on a short bed truck..IMO

I am very happy with this truck..I don`t care what truck you buy , just get a diesel and forget about those gassers..I am always hearing guys saying they wish they had just paid the money and got a diesel instead of that V-10,8.1,etc...

Sure hope I never have to go back.....If it has a diesel in it I will like it.... :D

Oongawah
12-29-2002, 21:17
Hi TXGuppy,
I know you asked not to hear from this dept. but that's just simply not fair. There is a very small percentage of us that have enhanced our vehicles to this degree. We will most likely see the weak points before anyone else does. You should know as well that I have never had an SES light with the 4.61 (Cali)Edge Juice installed. The truck is almost at 30,000 and I get 17MPG driving like an idiot. Hope this helps, Chuck.

bluenote
12-29-2002, 21:25
34,500 miles, about 5,000 of that towing a 10K fifth wheel. Daily/City driving is usually 17+ mpg, 65-70 mph highway driving 20+ mpg, towing 11-13 mpg. Everything is bone stock. Only upgrades have been a couple of reflashes done at the dealer. I have never set a code, truck has performed flawlessly and I enjoy it more than any other vehicle I've ever driven.

imported_
12-29-2002, 21:36
Stock here as well except for K&N Air Filter & BFG 265's. I have almost 28,000 miles now without any problems what so ever. Only problem i have with this truck is GMAC keeps wanting monthly payments. Fixing to switch over to either Mobil 1 Delvac or Amsoil Synthetic on next oil change.

2002 Chevy C/C Indigo Blue
BFG 265's
Pioneer XM Radio w/ Rockford Fosgate Component Speakers
Pioneer Amps
Line-X

FstTrack
12-29-2002, 21:42
28,000 miles 90% have been towing no problems gets better every mile.

ski
12-29-2002, 22:13
03 GMC, been in the shop twice for the same problem. "service 4wd" showed up in the DIC. turned out to e a s/w problem, so they updated the PCM. there is a TSB onit but do not know the number. Also, the first time it actually threw a code and disabled climate control also. PCM reset done the first time. 5700 miles since August, lovin' life !

Marc

mackin
12-30-2002, 05:40
Stock????

All right 17,000 miles ago when I was a virgin... :eek: I had the cold lope, still do but Minor,had the TC leak down with code....Plus I had the flashing indicator no code ,and no go, but in lowest gear setting, but went away,could of been the leak down thingy again....Weeping rear axle seals....

Never has been back to dealer once.....

Now the bad part,
Lets see, Always needing fuel, and a bath, waiting to unleash the hidden power,waiting for that Brown Natural Gas Burning truck to show up with my SIG......

MAC :D

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Rebel_Horseman
12-30-2002, 08:34
Bought my truck on the 20th of November with just under 41K on it. As of today the truck has 46K and some change. I put it in the shop to replace a speaker and a u-joint (the dealer replaced the slip yoke thinking that was causing the ticking and shudder instead of the u-joint like I told him in the begining). I asked him to do the reflash for the hard 2-1 shift but he said that it didn't apply to me. Needless to say my truck is not going back to this dealer. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with this beast. My cousin has a truck like mine with about 70K +/- and the only thing he's done was the conversion of the drive shaft form a 2-piece unit to a 1-piece unit.

Reb [&gt;&lt;]

trailrider0493
12-30-2002, 08:37
I got my truck on 8/7/2001. I have 15,500 miles on it. It is still bone stock. Other than the a/c relay staying energized and running down the battery, I have had no problem with it. This is a super truck.

gardnerteam
12-30-2002, 08:44
2002 CC 4X4 - 13 months old, 35,000 miles. Mechanically totally stock engine & trans - accessoried to death & now weighs 9200 with full tank of diesel. Not one inherent mechanical or electrical problem. However, Les Swab tires forgot to torque the lugs when I left for Guatemala last winter and tossed a wheel & tire near Puerto Vallarta - $5,000.+ US$ plus 2.5 weeks in the Westin Regina - insurance and Les paid it all. Les Swab Tires also screwed up ABS front wiring when put on 4" lift kit - about $500 their cost - they paid. I have replaced NS switch at Allison as a precaution only. Truck has had about 5,000+ miles 4X4 offroad severe use plus just did 2,000 miles at 27,000 gross (scales) with loaded 24' triple axle trailer. Oned a lot of trucks over the past 45 years (Ford-10, Dodge-2, GM over 20)and none has ever come close to this one for comfort, dependability, and all around usefulness. It is not perfect, but I haven't managed to destroy it yet, nor has it left me stranded (other than Les Swab's fault) in some places in Mexico and Guatemala you do not want to be stranded. A+ for dependability in stock form.

deerhunter7
12-30-2002, 09:00
Stock except Amzoil air filter. No codes but the false one from block heater. Had reflash for harsh shift .Ecm also reflashed . Had a bad AC contacter also draining batteries.14,000 miles and running great. Would like to see better mileage . Best ever 18.5 mpg . Last two tanks were 13.5 mpg. Not happy with that.

hdmax(mike)
12-30-2002, 09:23
13,637 miles and most with propane. No codes, no problems. Lets keep it that way. :D

MountainMax
12-30-2002, 11:33
May 01, 40k mi, recently Juiced, reflashed for lopey idle, had the switch on the Allison that was cheap on the 01s replaced. 265s

Other than it keeps getting scratched and dinged its not had any other problems. Never had the tick.

Diesel Girl
12-30-2002, 13:17
Bought it 11/17/01, now has about 21,000 miles on it. One of the wheel well mouldings is a little loose but that is it. All stock except for Lucerix mirrors.

It does some weird shifting of 1st and 2nd gear especially when on a grade. From reading the other replies to this thread it sounds like I need to take it to the dealer for some reprograming.

Havent done a mileage calc in months but it was around 18mpg overall. Hauls our 3H gooseneck horse trailer great!

Dmaxducker
12-30-2002, 13:28
So far, 7,614 miles. Been to Montana and back. Stock 2500HD CC 2WD. Love it. Not a single problem. That is if you don't count my wife clipping a gate post taking my son to school. Just got the truck back. $3500 later - thank goodness for insurance. She will stick to her Camry from now on. Sure got a good Christmas present out of the deal though. smile.gif

hoot
12-30-2002, 13:40
Dmaxducker,

Don't feel bad. At least it wasn't you that did it.

I had one of the most unfortunate and embarrassing probably of anyone here.

During the 2001 Rendezvous, I backed into a light pole and creamed both drivers side doors. I think I had less than 15,000 miles on it.

scarey
12-30-2002, 13:53
txpuppy, 210 miles on my truck,been at the dealer
now 10 days for a bad injector, hope to get it back soon.

glclary
12-30-2002, 14:31
29K +. miles. Stock drive train. No codes, ever.

Replaced one leaking injector pump.

Replaced steering box due to excessive play.

1 computer reflash for 5/4 shifty business while towing.

The real problem is that I am putting on too many miles because I love driving it.

(Was "kinda" thinking about a "hot rod" computer mod but I think I'll wait until all you guys and gals declare a real winner.) ;)

Happy New Year!

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited by: glclary ]</p>

Silver Bullet
12-30-2002, 15:21
Gup - I have had mine for 11 months (32,000 miles) and have had 2 potentially bad problems...water pump replaced after it started leaking and front diff vent broke leaking axle lube...both were easy to detect since I park it in the garage and keep the floor clean. Other than that everything else has been minor.

chuntag95
12-30-2002, 16:35
Well, all my issues have happened before my Amsoil air filter and swiss cheeze air box.
1. Injector cup seals leaking in #2, 3 and 4 cylinders. Took 2 weeks due to techs learning on my truck.
2. Cold lope (fixed with reflash for the most part).
3. Launching lock (replaced and not further issues).
4. Remote died within 1 month of purchase. Replaced.
5. Had to buy heated seat upgrade for the wife's truck or loose mine to keep her buns warm. :rolleyes:
Power and performance has always been good, even when I was burning coolant with my fuel. It did belch some black water once, yuk! Haved caught the upgrade bug from hanging around here too much.
:D tongue.gif

dobbertdk
12-30-2002, 17:57
Picked up my 02 Duramax 1-03-02. I have 17,289 miles on it. Pull a 28 foot Cardinal 5 th wheel. We have been to Missouri, Arizona, and all over the mountains of Colorado. The only thing that has failed was the ignition key tumbler. The truck is amazing.

TopBanana 2500
12-31-2002, 12:36
31,000 mi. No codes, No problems. Had a squeeking noise coming from the engine, turned out to be the alternator. Other than that, it's been a great truck! About half of those miles were pulling a 33' fifthwheel at about 12,500lb. Handled great.

TopBanana 2500
12-31-2002, 12:57
I feel something should be said about BRYANTCH's post. I have to commend the guy for keeping an open mind and dealing with a truck that was NOT put together very well. He knows that if he had a better dealer that would take all the problems the truck has and keep it until the problems were fixed (instead of sending him off with one problem at a time)he most likly would not be having to go lemon law (with is not as easy as a lot of people think).
This guy has enough confidence to go out (at the same as dealing with these issues), and buys another one! Dude... I'm sure you will happy you did! Just take the word of all the people who are posting in this topic alone, and that should tell you that this IS a great truck!

You Da Man!!! ****script: x()
Eek! :eek:

FisHn2DMax
12-31-2002, 13:20
I've had my 03 GMC D/A for about three months. No problems with the stock truck other than the "typewriter tick"! The biggest problem is I have to get up earlier.. Ever since I got this truck my wife beats me out the door and takes the truck in the morning and leaves me with her Fo$D SUV. She loves those bun warmers in the D-max! I think we'll be trading her SUV for an 04 D- Max with bun warmers.

Great Almost HD truck! smile.gif

walkerkd
12-31-2002, 14:06
bought my truck in april now have 41k on it one reflash 1-2 gear busy work with od on... i pull a 40' trailer loaded with 24 round bales of hay every weeek almost no problems to date.. oh my truck is a 01 dmax.. :D

Colorado Kid
12-31-2002, 14:51
Same old refrain. 17,000 miles. Still stock. ONly one warranty item...flying door lock. One dealer "Reinstalled Correctly" (Duh...I'd done that a couple of times) and it felw off when I locked the truck the very next time I got out of it. Another dealer (when I stopped by to buy the gold plated grape scented gear lube) fixed it...he showed me the old sprung part...with which I was altogether too familar, and the re-engineered replacement which had a stiffening flange added....he told me I might have a flying door lock again, but it wouldn't be the one he'd fixed...that was 7/15/02 and so far it's fixed.

Only problem I have with it is that my wife likes to drive it...I bought it with the 6 speed to prevent that, but now that the shifter has loosened up a bit she doesn't mind driving it anymore. Thank goodnes I didn't trade in my old truck or I'd be driving the minivan to work! :rolleyes:

I could get to work faster though...D-max 97 MPH, Odyssey 125 MPH :cool: ...'91...who knows...the speedo goes to 85, but I can get the line where the speedo changes back from white to black up to 15 mph or so... :eek: I've demostrated to a couple of D-max drivers that the old nag (that's the '91...not my wife!) will go more than 97 MPH....I just don't race them UP hills. :D

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Colorado Kid ]</p>

conradv
12-31-2002, 16:51
4,200 miles on my '03 GMC (delivered in October) and no problems.

Everything works.

Even the dual climate control & door locks.

Kind of a shocker... ;)

WillowCreekStable
01-01-2003, 12:58
Picked up 30 Aug 02. 10,500 to date - no problems at all. Stock except for 265's. Not for long though, Hot Juice came in the mail yesterday, exhaust on order.......Hope the rain/snow lets up so I can play........

redneckcowdoctor
01-02-2003, 06:24
79,665 miles, all with 1300# bed load, occaisionlly towing two horse trailer. No mods other than amsoil air filter, drilled air box and 265 tires. A few problems:
-reflashed for busy shifting--big improvement.
-lopey idle fixed with fuel pump replacement
-Allison threw a code and went limp at ~55,000. I think the dealer said it was the 2nd gear clutch (I have no idea what goes on inside an auto trans so if you want more info I'll have go back and ask them again). After reset it ran fine. They insisted the trans was still under warranty and said there would be no charge for the fix so I had the part replaced even though by the time the part arrived I had 6,000 trouble free additional miles on it. They then handed me a bill for $319 with the lame excuse that they had been wrong about the waranty still covering it! Needless to say they ate the bill.
-Right front wheel bearing went out at ~60,000.
There were a few other minor things but that's it for the major annoyances. So far I'm satisfied with the reliability and after seven 305/350 gas trucks the Duramaxes combination of power and fuel economy continues to amaze me. Jeff

Black Dog
01-02-2003, 07:05
Early '01 truck (purchased 11/00), now at just over 40,000 miles.

Never set any codes.
1 cross threaded lug nut.
1 leaky clearance light.
Reflash for misc. driveability stuff.
Low pressure switch replaced on the A/C.
Just had the injector pump replaced to fix the lopey idle, truck is better than ever now.

buckw
01-03-2003, 12:01
02'- 26,000 Stock Rotella 15W-40

Been in shop 7 times for front end problems (Not the Steerig BOx!).....Lemon Law filed. Otherwise love the truck.

dmaxstu - Did you ever figure out your front end problems?

01-03-2003, 12:49
Txguppy, I have 6K on my 03 GMC, I am stock except for AFE stage2 and Banks 4" cat-back exhaust. The air intake and exhaust improved my low and mid range throttle response. The Dealer Okayed these improvements before I did them...I bought the 100K extended warranty at the time of purchase..I also installed the Allison deep pan with transynd synthetic ATF. The only problems that I have had is the service 4wheel drive message came on the DIC. This was caused by a blown fuse? I pull a 20' Boston Whaler Outrage and my mileage is around 14.5 @ 60mph. I have owned Dodge Cummins and Ford P/S and I am much happier with this GMC. Only time will tell if the durability is in this GMC. My buddy bought one of my Cummins and has 370K on the motor. It is still running strong. I hope that this Duramax is up to the challange.

chevmeister
01-03-2003, 14:19
I have a serious problem with my truck.
Every time I get near a car with one of those grandma tachs get alot of smoke coming from the rear of the truck. Ive tried replacing tires with no improvement. Havent had it to the dealer but I think I chased it to the nut that holds the seat down. Upon removing said nut problem disappears. :confused: :D
On edit truck is stock under the hood, right foot weighs approx 300#

[ 01-03-2003: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>

Idle_Chatter
01-03-2003, 14:43
Well, since turning 36,000 miles my truck has gotten considerably less "stock" but now at 42,000 miles and with a few "enhancements" it still was virtually trouble-free since I bought it. I did have the codes reflashed at 500 miles by the dealer shortly after purchase in 10/01. I had the reflash for harsh 2nd to 1st at 29,700 miles. I just replaced the drive belt tensioner before heading to Florida on 12/23 at 40,000 and *THAT'S IT* :D

mtomac
01-03-2003, 16:17
STOCK, what's that. My truck hasn't been stock since it came off the assembly line. First thing I did was ditch the airbox, replace stock muffler with a flowmaster, then at 12,000 I added the juice. 40XXX miles later and I can barely remember what stock was like.

Minor Problems:
broken plastic isolator pad on rear leafspring (updated with rubber donuts under warranty)
broken downpipe to block bracket (welded myself)
0181 SES Fuel Temp sensor (ECM reflash warranty)
seal leak on steering gearbox (fixed warranty)
DS output shaft seal leak (fixed warranty)
DS foglight burned out (replaced w/37 watters)

about half of the 40,XXX miles have been towing

towing 14000#-16000+# trailer 9-11mpg
towing 12000#-13000+# trailer 8-10mpg w/winter fuel

empty 18-20 mpg (best 21mpg @ 75mph)
empty 16-18 mpg (best 20mpg @ 75mph) w/winter fuel

I also ditched the stock tires at 35XXX miles and put some real meats on BFG 285x75x16's. Suprisingly the stones still had 5-10k miles left in them.

This truck does what I ask it to do and more, so I can't complain

[ 01-03-2003: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]</p>

JF
01-03-2003, 16:19
42,000 and going strong. Only problem was a bad injector pump replaced at 37,000 under warranty. :D

billnourse
01-03-2003, 19:59
txguppy,

Mine will set a code,PO181 I think, when I plug in the block heater. I understand that there is a cure, but I haven't had it done yet. Thought I would wait until it needed something else, if it ever does.

Regards,
Bill

stutzismydog
01-03-2003, 21:17
I have a D/A cc sb fwd 2003 purchased in October, only have 3500 miles on it, but it has been great with no problems.The ride and the power is way better than I expected. We will be going to Arizona in a week,pulling a 27' travel trailer(7000#) with two Suzuki 500 ATVs loaded sideways(1300#) in the bed of the truck...looking forward to the trip and the pull with this wonderful truck.

drgracr
01-04-2003, 17:02
50000k on the truck now still stock and has enough power. No major problems except water leaks around the cab lights, and front pump leaking on the trans. Trucks driven hard
average 22-24 hwy empty, 13 pulling