PDA

View Full Version : Ponder this.....

mackin
12-29-2002, 17:57
Since we are hashing back in forth on subjects lets toss this into the mix......Anyone hear of this,Mass Air replacement mod????
Kinda sucks you would have to do with out stock box......

=>SYSTEM FEATURES:

Engineered specifically for popular electronically fuel injected 1996-2003 GM V-6, V-8 gasoline powered and 2000-01 Duramax diesel powered trucks/SUVs (w/o factory integrated air box)

"Plug and Play" easy installation in 10-15 minutes

Works with factory and aftermarket electronics, programmers, modules, air filters, cold air intake systems, throttle bodies, ignition systems, headers, cat-back exhaust systems, pulleys, roller high ratio roller rocker arms, superchargers, turbochargers, nitrous, radical cams and heads, and larger displacement engines. Custom calibrations will be required for larger fuel injectors (available direct or from your nearest GMS dealer)

Dyno proven to add 10-23 rear wheel horsepower

Flow bench tested to provide 47% more air than stock mass airflow sensors

Improves mileage

Improves power, towing capability, and throttle response from 2000 RPM on up

Rugged, OEM quality fit and finish

50 state street legal (CARB EO #D-471) through 2003

Will not void factory warranty

Industry leading 3-year limited warranty

WELL !!!!!!!! All for A measly $415 bucks....JK you'll be needing one of these.....

MAC

:D ;) :D

OH ,I guess you might want the link too...=>http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/gmmaftruck.htm

[ 12-29-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

sdaver
12-29-2002, 20:18
THATS A EASY ONE MAC.........MY 6.0 AND MY 8.1 BOTH HAD A HONEYCOMBED GRATE AT THE MASS AIR TOOK ME LONGER TO FIND MY NUT DRIVER THAN IT DID TO POP OUT THE HONEYCOMB THEN IT LOOKS AND WORKS LIKE THE $415 DOLLAR ONE......MY DMAX IS AND LOOKS ALOT DIFFERENT........NO HONEYCOMBING.....I WONDER IF THEY MIGHT HAVE LISTED THE DURAMAX IN WITH THE GASSERS BY ACCIDENT.......SEEMS TO BE A INDUSTRY STANDARD LATELY. :D :D DAVE

hdmax(mike)
12-29-2002, 20:44
I don`t understand how they get this ------------------Dyno proven to add 10-23 rear wheel horsepower------------------

When a free flowing air filter will not show improvments on a dyno. Now if they advertised 1/10 of a second quicker in the 1/4 mile, I may believe it. Every after market mod adds 10 horse power for a minumim, Oh, and don`t forget the massive improvements in fuel mileage :eek:

Oongawah
12-29-2002, 20:44
Yeah Mackin'

I saw that too. They said there's a way to mod the stock MAF but would require a trained tech. I guess SDaver is that person. Now I know why when I replaced my intake it took on such a smoother attitude. Thanks SDaver, and thank you too Mackin', and everyone else here. You guys/gals have given me a lot of input to get me the D/A to the beastie point that it is today. Take care, Chuck.

dmaxstu
12-29-2002, 20:54
If I get me one of those gizmos I'll outrun all you juicers. Did you read all that good stuff on their website? Truly impressive. I'll sell y'all the Golden Gate Bridge. On second thought I won't caus' that's where my pension comes from. Stu

sdaver
12-29-2002, 21:47
HEY OONGAWAH(CHUCK IS EASIER TO SPELL)...........I GOT ONE OF THOSE AFE STAGE II'S ALSO.. USES FACTORY MASS AIR(DOES HAVE NEW SCREWS MAYBE THATS THE TECH TRAINER MOD).......I THINK IT (AFE AND PIPING..NOT THE SCREWS) MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE.........THAT MIGHT NOT SHOW UP IN A DYNO SITUATION LIKE IT WOULD ON THE ROAD.....SPOOLS FASTER......SHOWS MORE BOOST..A COOLER AIR CHARGE..AND "SMOOTH DELIVERY".....HAVE NOT ADDED TO MY SIG. DID NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO THE KN/AMSOIL/GAUZE FILTER FIGHT AGAIN........... :D DAVE

Maverick
12-29-2002, 22:06
Hey Mac......Ponder this!

"Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?"

I know it has nothing to do with your question but it makes you ponder!

[ 12-29-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

mackin
12-30-2002, 04:53
Mav

LOL.....No kidding,at least knock the point off.....

MAC

:D

hdmax(mike)
12-30-2002, 08:55
Maverick;
Why do they bring a sick deathrow inmate back to good health before executing them? :D

This also makes you ponder!

IndigoDually
12-30-2002, 09:16
Jumbo Shrimp? Non-Alcoholic Beer? Does this dress make me look fat? Why are questions asked that she does not want to hear the answer to?

How does a Thermos know when to keep hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold?

:D John

hoot
12-30-2002, 09:45
You know how when Canadian Geese fly in "V" formation , one side of the "V" is always longer than the other?

Ever wonder why?

chuntag95
12-30-2002, 10:05
I put one on my old Furd and the difference between the stock and this one was a larger flow area. The sensor itself was also supposed to be more sensative to change. Didn't see much from it to be honest and I only paid $200.

Why do we pay inmates?
Why do inmates have rights, often more than the poor person they hurt?
Why do I have Canadian geese in my back yard in Texas every year?
Why does the general not tune these things to the max to start with and save us the $600-$1000 bucks to reprogram their computer? (Guess they would have to raise the price another $4k for that.)
If a man does something and no woman is around, is he still wrong?
Why to these types of questions never end? :D

2K2AD
12-30-2002, 15:55
'Cause there are more ducks on the long side...

Kevin

Maverick
12-30-2002, 16:19
Geeez.......now look what I started. :rolleyes:

2K2AD,
You win! Choose whats behind curtain 1,2, or 3. :D

TraceF
12-30-2002, 16:34
2K2AD- Geese!?, not ducks.

Others- I really like the question- Why doesn't the General just tune 'em up right to start with?