PDA

View Full Version : Red Line's Water Wetter

derfr
10-11-2005, 18:23
Several members had commented earlier on the cooling fan coming on when towing, and it being noisy. Would anybody recommend Water Wetter as a way of keeping the coolant temperature down to lessen the times the fan comes on? Do you know if there is any compatability concern between Water Wetter and the coolant? My temperature stays solid when towing, but the fan does come on regularily. When driving empty the fan does not come on. Anybody use Water Wetter in their Duramax?

LanduytG
10-12-2005, 01:57
Welcome to The Diesel Page. If your fan comes on when towing then to me that is normal. That is what its suppose to do. I would never use Water Wetter because knowone knows the long term effects.

Greg

ynot
10-12-2005, 04:40
I've used it in everything for over 12 years. No probs with anything, and haven't replaced a water pump or core in as many years to boot...T

BlackCrewCabDuraMax
10-12-2005, 13:36
As I understand it regular W/W isn't compatibal with DexCool. And FWIW RedLine has a Diesel version that IS compatibal with DexCool. So even in a 6.0L truck the Diesel stuff is the way to go.

I've had the Diesel W/W in my truck since it had about 600 miles and I have over 10,000 miles now. No problems