PDA

View Full Version : Predator/transmission Question.

MPH
01-22-2005, 19:44
Installed the predator the other day on my 05 LLY, and so far i have put about 300 miles on it set on level 2 (60 horse). My question is how long does it take for the allison to adjust to this mod. It seems like it is really confused right now almost to the point of making the truck feel sluggish at every shift point. Also, is this causing any damage to the trany?

turbo lcc
01-22-2005, 20:45
couple of days.. it will get better

jeff1216
01-23-2005, 06:16
I have been running 65 hp setting for 1.5 weeks....allison has not smoothed out yet....whats the deal?

CntrlCalDmax
01-23-2005, 07:52
It is not how far or how long you drive it, it's how many shifts it goes through. I installed the 85 tune straight from stock and drove it around a resedential area from first through OD and back for about 50 min. It took the whole time to learn. Now it is fine.

Kennedy
01-23-2005, 08:06
Funny as it sounds, it also seems to need a little down time to collect it's thoughts.

I'll also note that it is best to try to maintain a steady pedal position before, during, and after the shift because if you flinch, the Allison willhave a hard time picking it up.

I'll also note that there WILL be a drop off of power during the shift. It is there stock, and with a more responsive program, it can become more noticeable. If you are unplugging your EGR, that can affect it as well...

DmaxMaverick
01-23-2005, 10:29
I'll also note that it is best to try to maintain a steady pedal position before, during, and after the shift because if you flinch, the Allison willhave a hard time picking it up. Too funny, JK.

My floorboard is fairly steady.

The APP is a switch. What's with all the % stuff?

You will also see the difference when changing levels after learns. Going up a level will cause a short period of "flare" shifts (higher RPM, slower engagement), and going down causes firmer shifts. More/less power throws off the shift timing and pressures. The Allison tranny doesn't have "bands" to transition shifts, like previous trannies. It is all clutch stack action, and requires a series of events to get up/down gears.

The more shift events you have, the faster the learn process. 300 miles on flat highway will teach it nothing.