PDA

View Full Version : Got Juiced for X-Mas

Jawa
12-29-2002, 19:26
My wife, my mother-in-law, and my three sons all chipped in to buy me some 'JUICE' for Christmas. Wow! What a gift! I actually did not receive it until the 27th, but that was fine because that day is also my birthday.

I couldn't wait to get it out of the box and into my truck. It definitly takes longer to get out of the shipping box. I run out to the truck, lift the hood, unplug harness, plug in juice, jump in truck, crank and hoo-ray it starts but SES light is on. First time I've seen that light in 18,000 miles. I decided to try level #4 and see how it runs. WOW, does this truck really fly! I can't believe it is the same truck I had yesterday. I'm not sure what to do about the SES light. I'm taking it to the dealer tommorow to have a new radio installed because the clock changes time. I guess I should remove the box so they can clear the SES, but I guess when I re-install the Juice, the SES will be back on again. Any sugestions would be helpful. Thanks!

NWDmax
12-29-2002, 19:32
Jawa welcome, my ses light comes on from time to time and then goes off after awhile.
Seems to come on when I'm mashing the throttle in the upper gears.
Mines an "old" 3.51c version that I'll be upgrading to the hot juice one of these days.
Love that power!! Blake

sdaver
12-29-2002, 20:03
I THOUGHT MY RADIO CLOCK WAS GETTING ADJUSTED BY MY 5 YEAR OLD..........ITS HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES RECENTLY.(I GUESS THATS MY PROBLEM TOO)....NO CODES.......DURAMAX IS A GREATRUCK STOCK....... JUICED ITS AMAZING.........SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A GREAT FAMILY..........YOU WANT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE JUICE OR EDGE :D DAVE

SteveO
12-29-2002, 20:46
Jawa,

I thought I was crazy until my uncle asked if my clock just went to a randem number...

Crazy Clock. :D

It seems a good many do it :rolleyes:

FirstDiesel
12-29-2002, 21:01
My clock has done it twice so far. Guess I'll notify the dealer and see what they offer as an option. If they need to see it happen they'll have to keep the truck for 3 months. :eek:

Oongawah
12-29-2002, 21:32
Happy New Year JAWA!

If you didn't program your unit before starting your truck I was told you could get an SES light. The instructions should have said not to use the default program it comes with. If this is the case then programming it like you did will correct the problem and the light will go out in about a 100 miles or so. I would also check the connections to make sure they're good too. I was told by Bryce at Edge that the best way to program these are to set both regular and tow/haul to level one first, then reprogram to the desired levels. He also said to always program them both in the same step and turn the truck on while the key is still in the on position. Don't turn the key off before starting the truck. Hope that helps, Chuck.

Jawa
12-30-2002, 06:21
Thanks for the info guys! You're right Chuck, I did not program it before I started the truck. The instructions said to plug it in and try to start your truck, if all is well proceed to programming. Hopfully all is well. Duramax sure does run real smooooth! Thanks again!