PDA

View Full Version : New Injectors but now I have coolant leak.

Shane Deford
10-14-2005, 18:47
I got 8 new injectors today on my 02' that has right at 79,000 miles. It seens to be back to normal again. The bad news was I drove it a few blocks and had coolant pouring out on the ground. They are keeping for the weekend so the can pull the intake again. Has anyone else had a bad experience after a injector change?

DmaxMaverick
10-14-2005, 19:52
Welcome to the Forums, Shane!

Much depends on the duty the truck has seen. There are several components that can be sensitive to R/R if there has been many miles/time on the truck, which is normal for any vehicle. On yours, one that comes to mind is the coolant tubes above the water pump. There are a couple in particular that will show external corrosion on some trucks. Mine has 96K on it, and 5 years of tough duty, and one small (~3/8" dia.) steel tube has been showing this. I have been watching it very carefully, and will replace it soon, hopefully before it fails.

On the lighter side, it could just have been something the tech didn't tighten properly. Either way, even the tech's are human. No harm. No foul. Be sure to follow up here with the result.

Just a note:
Although most of us have ESP, some don't. It may be a good idea to compile some vehicle info and include it in a signature. This can be done by using the "my profile" link at the top of the page, then select "view/update profile". On that page, you can enter your vehicle info. Later, you can choose (or not) to include this signature when you create or reply to a post. This sure makes it easier when you ask for help, or offer advise.

DADGLW
10-15-2005, 04:09
just took my 02 gmc in for injectors couple days ago...62000 miles, waiting to get it back.how long did it take to get it back?

SHOPMAN426
10-15-2005, 06:52
As I read about injectors being replaced I wonder how this is going to play out for us guys that don't put a lot of miles on our trucks. Most of the time my rig sits in my pole barn waiting to be driven on the weekends. At this time my '02 that I bought in Aug. of '01 has just turned 21,000 miles, thats just over 5,000 miles per year. I guess I need to get the letter from GM out and read it again.

Shopman426,
Mike :confused: :confused:

Shane Deford
10-15-2005, 11:56
It took them around a day and a half. The leak is from something that they did. I it running off of the back and front of the valley. The one question I have is should I try and get a oil change out of them? If the coolant is running out the who's to say its not going in to the oil. I am driving a dinky little Envoy for the weekend man that sucks.

madmatt
10-15-2005, 15:55
if they're pulling the intake to R&R injectors...find another dealer now. also there's nothing that is done during an injector job that can cause coolant in the oil. probably just a loose hose (ie the coolant line to the turbo or upper radiator hose).