PDA

View Full Version : fuel guage

Roofer
12-29-2002, 22:45
The other day I drove into town which is about 8 miles. The guage read 1/4 tank. The temp outside was about 25 if that makes any difference. I stopped at the light and was sitting for a few seconds. I look down and the guage went to E, and the Low Fuel Light came on. When I took off from the light, it jumped back up to 1/4 tank. Was this just a glitch somewhere or could something be wrong?
I don't think it was the fuel swishing around in the tank because I had been sitting and idling for a few seconds before the guage moved.

Thanks

ChevysRus
12-30-2002, 00:21
Can't say for sure, but when my fuel is low (1/4 or below)I can watch the gauge dip when I brake and watch it rise when I take off. Now I am talking about a sorta hard stop and of course a almost tire burning takeoff. LOL ha ha ha :D

Only thing I can tell you is try to duplicate it next time your fuel is 1/4 or below. I am betting you will see the same thing happen again.

Good Luck

MountainMax
12-30-2002, 08:55
Do a search under fuel guage and you will see this has been a hot topic in the past. I have an 01. From full to 1/2 I get about 200+ miles. Then I get about 100 miles from the second 1/2 tank as shown on the guage. After fuellight comes on most say they have about 2 1/2 gals. S lowing down the fuel can slosh forward or waiting to pull out of a downleaning drive can make it come on when low. Conversely, I've found parking uphill will show more gas in the tank. What I have done is set my trip meter after each fill up. I have gotten to know about how much to expect from a tank. If I've gone 200 mi. I have about 1/3 tank vs. 1/2 on the gauge.