PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, please. Should I buy?

83Silverado
09-15-2003, 06:52
After several years in my '83 6.2 n/a, I think I'm finally ready to upgrade. I've been looking for a newer Blazer 6.5 (few & far between) and I've finally found one local. '94 4x4, only 100K miles, clean service history. Unless I can talk myself out of it before this weekend I'm going to go pick it up. Are there any gotchas I need to look out for on the 94? I've already had to go through an IP & lift pump on my old Blazer, along with a couple of sets of glow plugs over the years, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting myself into. But I'm happy to defer to the experience of the board and welcome any suggestions. Thank you for your time.

James

mhagie
09-15-2003, 11:45
If you have found the truck you like go for it, myself on a used vehicle I worry more as to body condition than I do mechanical (being from Iowa does that to you) as all things mechanical are replacable, body work is a PURE PITA.
If you have been monitoring this site for any length of time you already know most issues with the electronic IP.
Hopefully the IP has already been replaced on warranty if not maybe you can manage its replacement before it runs out of warranty.
anyway I hope it works out for you, good luck. :D

moedog
09-15-2003, 17:38
94 IS ELECTRONIC FI. REAL PEACE OF CRAP COMPARED TO YOUR MECHANICAL NOW. HOW ABOUT CRACKED HEADS, HOW ABOUT BURNED PISTONS FROM A **** POOR COOLING DESIGN, HOW ABOUT CRACKED BLOCKS, WHY BUY MORE HEADACHES???
CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

83Silverado
09-19-2003, 10:04
Moedog, I appreciate the warning. This is hard-earned money and I didn't make the decision lightly.

But, I did decide to buy it. After looking it over I could only find one spot where the paint is peeling (typical GM), and one speaker that was blown. Other than that it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

My first turbo, boy, it's going to take some getting used to. Compared to my old Blazer it feels like I'm driving a racecar. Wow, what a difference. I can't wait to start a few mods to get it breathing easier. :D

billg
09-20-2003, 20:11
Hi 83Silverado,
Congrats, the 94 is very workable and being a member of the diesel page will give you the ability to stay up to date on the latest enchantments.
bg