PDA

View Full Version : What does 4X4 do to tow/haul and Juice

TSimpler
12-30-2002, 19:00
I was towing a 10K trailer home tonight and the last mile to home was sloppy mud and snow. I put the truck in 4X4 and wonder it the Juice and Tow/hual still work. It felt like the tow/hual worked but I am not sure.

When I got into the "fun" stuff I went to 4X4 Low "Almost sank it like the Titanic" and wonder how and if the Juice or Tow/haul work in Low range.

Sure did make me pucker for a few the last 1/2 mile

Thanks

Trent

Maverick
12-30-2002, 19:32
I run mine in 4 Hi, 2 Hi, 4 Lo, T/H on, and T/H off with the juice. Truck works as advertised.

TSimpler
12-30-2002, 20:16
OK but does it change to help out in the mud and the crud. IE does it spool the turbo slower to keep the wheels from spinning, does it shift looser to keep thinks planted and so on.

I don't live up a paved or even gravel road and have trouble getting up empty, forget towing.

Do I need to turn off my juice in 4x4 or 4x4 low to keep the power from building too fast???

Trent

sdaver
12-30-2002, 21:41
NO JUST TURN DOWN YOUR RIGHT FOOT...........ITS HARD MINE HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN :D DAVE

Maverick
12-30-2002, 22:39
TSimpler,
Sdaver is correct. Doesn't matter if you 50hp or 600hp. Your throttle input will decide what happens. I have buried my truck trying to pull 17,000 lbs of lumber and trailer uphill at a sandy jobsite. Had to pull my truck, trailer, and lumber up with a dozer. It would have happened with or without the juice, T/H or no T/H, 4 Hi or 4 Lo. Tried them all and didn't make a difference.

Oongawah
12-30-2002, 23:54
TS, Please be careful when going downhill in 4X4 mode in the ice. I put it in neutral and lightly apply the brakes.

As far as juice, no it doesn't compensate for any modes. It's just on the level you set it at.