PDA

View Full Version : Wha't GM take on Bio-diesel

DIESELMAX403
10-17-2005, 08:21
I would like to try bio-diesel, but before making the switch I would like get a recommendation from GM. Does anyone know what GM says? Is there an official statement?

Dieselmax403

Tough Guy
10-17-2005, 12:49
I believe GM recomends nothing more than B-5...

John Kennedy has used up to B-30 in his two Dmax trucks IIRC...

Chris

gray1
10-19-2005, 07:37
My son uses B100 and sometimes mixes a little diesel for B80. Says it runs fine, but he won't be able to run that high when the temp drops. The place he gets his from makes it from chicken fat. A lot of people are running it in their VW's and the station says it gets a lot of over the road trucker business. My son has a 2003 dually. He is a risk taker at heart.

Kennedy
10-19-2005, 07:59
I have limited my experimenting to using ASTM soy based bio diesel. I don't want to have to "exorcise" congealed animal fats etc from my system. I'd suggest limiting to B20 or so for best rresults/versus safety factor. I read where GM/Dmax "allows" up to B20 on the latest engines to conform with some tax incentives, but does not recommend higher concentrations. I'd also recommend added filtration as a must...

Paintdude
10-19-2005, 16:38
Around here all you can buy is diesel with 11% bio in it..You cannot get diesel any other way..All the stations are blendng it and not advertising it...So no matter what GM says, you will be using it around here and you may not even know it..

Gas 2.59 per gallon and diesel is 3.29 per gallon.. Total rip off.......