PDA

View Full Version : "Shift Range Inhibited"

Bugsy
01-27-2005, 16:40
So, I put it in reverse to back in the driveway and that MF pops-up in the gear selector window and the engine just revs and no backing-up. I try 3 or 4 times and then go back to Drive and go down the street and turn around and turn it off a few times and then back on and then reset the Juice, only used when Tow-Haul is on, and all is OK.
What is going on with that? This truck has a larger computer vocabulary than most of my friends. It has 10,800 miles.
I made a BIG mistake buying this truck and getting to the point where I'm afraid to drive it. Who knows what is next?
However, FORDS are into spontaneous combustion according to the news tonight and I guess it could be worse. Dodge is a rolling tin can.

DmaxMaverick
01-27-2005, 16:58
You are not the first with this complaint.

I suggest you remove the Juice and try again. If it doesn't happen, and happens again when you connect the Juice, take your matter up with them. There are some issues with the current Edge product they are working on (they say they are). There were similar "growing pains" with the Juice when the LB7 was first introduced. They were pretty good about getting most of the bugs out, then, and should follow on the later models.

Good luck.

Bugsy
01-28-2005, 09:05
Even though the problem seems to have gone away I decided to take the Juice module off since I have only used it 6 times for Tow-Haul mode.
It adds a lot of power but I really don't need it. It is 2.5 months old.
So, I have a 2004.5 LLY Juice module in the original packaging that came from Kennedy for sale. I'll take $375 for it.
Boxed and ready to ship.

Bugsy
cb56@bellsouth.net

Madd Max
01-28-2005, 22:01
Hey Bugsy,

I had the same message come up on mine. It was after I installed my 4" downpipe back exhaust system. Mine was stuck in low range. I remembered unpluging a wire or wires, anyway just one plug on the back of the tranny to take a bolt off of the cat bracket. I didn't get it pluged back in all of the way and it showed shift range inhibited. Crawled back underneath and pushed it on all the way. Problem solved and back to normal. Check and see maybe that plug is loose on yours. Just a suggestion, maybe it will help.

Dennis

Bugsy
01-29-2005, 06:12
It goes to the dealer next week to let them look it over.
I'll pass any info along.

Madd Max
01-29-2005, 14:27
Hey again Bugsy,

I did some reading on another site about this same DIC message. It seems a few others have had this same problem. When you take your truck in have them check the ingition switch, It may show a voltage drop of around 6 volts. Changing the ignition switch has solved the problem. Hope this helps.

Dennis

Richard Pelletier
02-02-2005, 06:11
Be sure not to mention the Juice.