PDA

View Full Version : Virus help !

Toddster
01-01-2003, 08:57
I first apologize to the moderators, I know this is way off subject. Secondly I apologize to anyone on this site I have e-mailed I had no idea my e-mail contained a virus. I only recieve e-mail from some people on this site, some friends from a Yamaha site and some friends back home....Thats it. I DO NOT have AOL so I dont get all that crap mail I see our other computer get.....I have Cox cable so I was told I was safe against Virus's. Anyway, this thing has realy screwed up my PC, even shut down my virus scan program. ANY suggestions for this PC dummy would be greatly appreciated. Just a little warning, the only strange e-mail I have recieved lately was from "someone"......Yup that was the address !

FirstDiesel
01-01-2003, 09:11
Just cause your on a cable system doesn't mean your immune to a virus. There are a few really nasty ones popping up nowthat you supposedly don't even have to "run" to get contaminated.

First you don't mention what your antivirus program is???

My suggestion would be to try loading and running another program. I use this one and you can get a free trial copy here.

http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desktop/pc-cillin/evaluate/trial.htm

So far I haven't had a virus get by this unit and the thing I really like is it auto updates when your on a cable system and it seems like they add things almost everyday!!

SteveO
01-01-2003, 09:51
Toddster,

I'm going to move this to "General Diesel"..

A Virus will make you pull your hair out, if it's not all ready.. smile.gif

Hope you can get it fixed soon...

FirstDiesel thanks for your help... smile.gif