PDA

View Full Version : What's my old intake worth?

Randee of the Redwoods
12-11-2003, 17:38
I bought a 6.5TD turbo setup for my 6.2, but never put it on. I recently purchased a K3500 Chevy with a 6.5TD. I ended up using the the true open upper from the parts I bought on the new truck. My original upper had the EGR casting bosses in it even though there is no EGR on the truck. But, I did note while my swapping my upper that my lower(94 6.5TD) is alreay the full open type. The parts I bought, the lower was also the full open type so I no longer need it. No sense in having 2. I'd like to know about how much I could reasonably charge for it without looking like I'm price gouging. It'd be great to sell the spare upper and lower to someone on this site as the parts that I bought originally came from some one on this site.

Animal
12-11-2003, 23:58
They sell on Ebay for around $75 for EGR, a little more without.

Uncle Wally
12-12-2003, 14:39
You could always mod the upper with a die grinder/carbide bit so that it's the same as your other one. In fact, you could mod the one so it flows better than the stock one and swap em out and sell the open plenum upper intake.

I had the same thing in my 94. Open lower with the EGR stuff in the upper. A few hours later I had it modified. Radiused the end to the turbo so it flowed better. Than later shortened it to work with the new turbo.

Just an idear,
Waldo