PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Oil Which Brand?

Turbo-TA
01-01-2003, 12:01
I am considering using synthetic oil for my next oil change. What is a good brand and what weight? Can you use synthetic for a more extended duration as compared to conventional oils, with just changing a the oil filter and topping off to "full"?

I live in Anchorage, AK where it rarely dips below 0 degrees and I use a oil pan heater and engine block heater when ever the tempature drops below 20 degrees.

ccds
01-01-2003, 12:48
Turbo-TA:

This synthetic oil topic has been gone over time and time again in past posts.

Learn to use the SEARCH button in the top left hand side of your screen and search for synthetic oils and you will find tons and tons of good information that members have posted here in the past about this topic.

The SEARCH button will find you lots of good information for your use so it is important to learn how to use it.

hope this helps

smile.gif

AKDmax
01-01-2003, 18:12
Check Sourdough or one of the other bulk oil dealers down there for the best local price. That or an Amsoil dealer (Greg).

LanduytG
01-01-2003, 18:18
Turbo-TA
I would use the Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 year round. You can safely go 15K miles between changes. But you would change the filter out at 7500. Your truck will sound better as well as run better. You can do away with the oil pan heater if you go to a synthetic. The Series 3000 has a
-60*F pour point. Give use a call we can get it to you out of the Palmer,AK warehouse your or we can order it and you can pick it up.
Greg