PDA

View Full Version : Engine Wouldn't Turn Over 2000 RPM

Roy W
10-22-2005, 16:05
I was on vacation in the Smoky Mtns of North Carolina last week and had a engine problem. I pulled off the road to use my cell phone (had an analog signal only) and left the engine running while talking on the phome for about 15 minutes. I was not pulling the trailer at that time. When I pulled back out onto the road the engine wouldn't go over 2000 rpm. It idled fine and never missed a beat up to 2000 rpm, but at that point you could bury the throttle and nothing happened other than a slight surge at the 2000 rpm limit. It acted like maybe the engine was in some sort of "limp home" mode. Engine temp was normal and the water in fuel light was off. I pulled off the road again and turned the engine off. It started up fine, so I tried to rev the engine in neutral, and it still maxed out at 2000 rpm with my foot to the floor. I pulled the gear selector down into 1st and tried shifting manually, but the rpm was still limited. After driving this way for about 30 minutes, all of a sudden it corrected itself and has been fine ever since. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem before??? I'm assuming it left a code in the computer and I plan on taking it in to my dealer to have him check it out, but would like some input from you guys before I do.

LanduytG
10-22-2005, 17:19
Most likely a 1093 code. When did you last change the fuel filter?

Greg

Roy W
10-23-2005, 04:15
The fuel filter has never been changed, but the truck only has 5500 miles on it. What is the 1093 code?

Roy W
10-24-2005, 07:02
Any more comments ????????

Kennedy
10-24-2005, 09:27
I've seen some odd behavior with high underhood temps. Thinking it may have to do with intake air temp sensor.

mark45678
10-25-2005, 15:48
I had the same thing happen on my 2001 lb7 truck, it happend about 30 times in a month. traced it down to a fuel supply problem the fuel filter houseing was letting air into the system. the fuel sensor at the pump detected a rpoblem and put the motor into a protect mode. never left me stranded , it did make it hard to tow with only 2K on tap..... the trans needs about 1950 ~2100 min to up shift!