PDA

View Full Version : Injector Cup Replacement

George Gozelski
01-01-2003, 14:17
Lately, I've been noticing a faint coolant odor in my 2002 D/A and noticed my coolant level had dropped slightly. Someone on an earlier topic suggested to me that I may have a faulty heater core, but that turned out to not be the case. Took it into the dealer and they pulled the glow plugs and conducted some pressure tests. It seems there was a faulty injector cup seal that was the culprit. I talked to the mechanic and he told me mine was the second D/A he's seen for this problem. Am waiting for the dealer to get the new seal installed; seems like it's taking forever!

Anyone else go through this yet? What is the cause of these seals going bad? :rolleyes:

mackin
01-01-2003, 15:10
MP did a whole article on this subject in the members area....Check it out..

MAC

chuntag95
01-01-2003, 19:33
Yep, I had 3 leaking myself. Took longer to get the extraction tool than the seals. If it's the second one they have done, (you are in better shape than I was with the tech that worked on mine) they should have the cup puller already and it is only orings that seal, so it shouldn't take too long. Mine took 2 weeks waiting on the puller. I have only lost a little since the repair and that has be 4K so far. I lost a quart in 2.5K before the repair, so I will continue to watch to see if the issue reappears.

Oongawah
01-01-2003, 19:52
Chris, it may appear you lost a little if there was any air pockets in the system since the repair. You should be in good shape. Take care, Chuck.

chuntag95
01-01-2003, 21:16
It might be air pocket or temperature change. It is a small amount, so I am not really concerned. I will watch it, just like everything else, as I have too much invested in this thing. I have to drive it for another 18 years or till the first one is out of college. If she is like me, it will take 20 redface.gif :D :rolleyes: