PDA

View Full Version : First Impression: Towing Tune for LLY's from TTS

McRat
05-11-2004, 16:40
Went to TTS Power Systems today to get a test version of their prototype towing tune for the LLY Duramax.

The owner, Steve Cole, was very friendly and informative. He showed me around his shop, then handed me the keys to his LLY shop truck with the tow tune in it. Very smooth and predictable engine output, and NO doubt that it runs harder than a stock LLY. Zero indication the truck is modified. No smoke, no surging, no noise.

I saw the dyno sheets he ran on it, and it is a 50rwhp tune. The gain is pretty much across the board.

So he pulled my PCM and uploaded the tune into it. All gauges work correctly, idles the same, sounds the same. I did some stoplight stomps, some freeway blasts, and there is no doubt there is more power. It appears the DIC fuel mileage might be more optimistic than before. I will fill up and measure actual mileage.

I am going to tow a large race trailer to Vegas and back, then check the output at my local dyno, and run it at the dragstrip in the next couple of weeks. I'll post results.

So far, so good. Killed an import car who tried to cut me off. Acceleration at 40mph is greatly improved. ;)