PDA

View Full Version : which fuel filter to use?

Joe P
01-01-2003, 20:11
Iam about to do a filter change,saw all the posts a while back,also someone did ask this question but dont think he got a reply. which fuel filter are most on this site going with. I have a couple of Parker Filtration(Interceptor)pt.#F4598 are they any good. Happy new year to all and thanks for the help that DP members share every day.

ccds
01-01-2003, 20:37
JOE P:

Don't think anyone has come to a final conclusion on which filter is best yet.

Try using the search button in the top right hand corner and do a search for fuel filters in each of the threads and you will come up with all the info that was posted here over the last few months....that should keep you busy reading for a bit.

hope this helps

smile.gif

mdrag
01-01-2003, 21:28
Joe P,

The filter you have is made by Racor/Parker - and it is the same as the OEM filter except for the lettering on the case. I've cut open the OEM and the Racor/Parker fuel filters -> visually they are the same filter and construction.

AFAIK, the Racor fuel filter is the ONLY one available so far for the Dmax. A few forum members are involved in fuel testing and they are working on adding an additional filter either before or after the OEM filter assembly to improve the efficiency over the OEM.

Diesel Injection Services www.dieselpage.com sells the Racor fuel filters for about $17 each + S/H. Great service from DIS. You'll pay much more for the OEM fuel filter at the dealer.

The plastic bleeder screw is easily broken - and GM does not sell the bleeder screw separately. Part # is RK 30818 and it sells for $3.11:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004838

Good luck.

[ 01-01-2003: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

Professor
01-02-2003, 08:07
The fuel filter is also available from Wix, part number 33810. I don

thechevyhdman
01-02-2003, 15:23
Mackin found me a site thats a few bucks cheaper than DIS. I paid 14 bucks a filter shipped to my house 6 filters =$84+$6 Shipping 90 dollars
Copy and Paste
www.oilguard.com

wild bore
01-04-2003, 18:39
I noticed at the oilgaurd.com site ,they offer a fuelfilter w/ built-in water separator. I haven`t had problems,I get fuel mostly at one station. But has anyone else had problems with water. Do you think it is needed?

BigRedDMaxx
01-05-2003, 20:06
Hey MDRAG,
In your post you said:
"The plastic bleeder screw is easily broken - and GM does not sell the bleeder screw separately. Part # is RK 30818 and it sells for $3.11:"

Where did you find the bleeder screw for sale??
Thanks,

mdrag
01-05-2003, 21:51
BigRedDmaxx,

Check the link in my post above and read through the topic. More Power located a replacement from www.dieselpage.com (the part# and price in my post)

Also, Greg (LanduytG) plans to offer a stainless steel version. Read all about it in the link I previously posted ;)

Tastes Great!! Less filling!! :D

Professor,

If I correctly understood the previous posts on the fuel filters, Racor/Parker is the only one making the Dmax fuel filter right now - others are rebadging it.

mdrag

FirstDiesel
01-06-2003, 17:48
And 30 dollars is far from a good price. You can do much better from a few of TDP vendors.