PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Juice?

oyazi
10-25-2005, 06:05
There is a designed in feature of the Juice that doesn't seemed to have mentioned in all the board traffic about it. I'm trying to determine if my experience is normal/to be expected.

I'm wanting to know from others w/the juice/'tude combo ~

1. Does it come on/work when started the first thing in the morning?

2. If not, when does it engage/come on or start working?

Reason I ask, if I let it sit overnite ~ when I start it, the tude will display level 0 and parameters are not functioning.

The phamphlet says ~

The Juice also regulates power delivery and timing based on eng temp. This means that while the temp is less than 160*F no additional fueling or timing is delivered. At 160* F the modules begins delivering fuel at 50% of the calculated additional fuel, and the percentage increases as the eng temperature increases, until at full eng temerature (174*F) the Juice delivers 100% of the calculated additional fuel. At full eng temperature the juice also starts modifying timing.

That sounds good, like some thot was taken in the design. However, in my case after my eng reaches temperature the juice still doesn't start unless I pull over, shutdown and restart.

Any of you LB7 guys experiencing this w/v4.81?

It would be good to hear from the guys w/the juice/tude combo

Oh, one final question for all ~ does the Mod Temp function work on your unit?

[ 10-25-2005, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: oyazi ]

Kennedy
10-25-2005, 06:13
The level should remain at the last set level, but the power will not come on until near full operating temp...

oyazi
10-25-2005, 07:52
When it does function ~ its at the last set power level. While cold its stock '0' level. I would think that it should come online even tho the truck is underway.

Does your mod temp function work? I get different ans from diff techs at edge. One says its a manf'g chk and then disabled (but touted in the users inst pamphleth). Another says its for LLYs only) yet another says something else.

Edge suggests that they replace it but don't have a replacement unit to send me. The production run of the newer hw is expected shortly and I prefer to await it anyway.

Tho CA wx is mild compared to where many of you live ~ still @ $3.319 a gallon it can add up. I don't mind taking off as stock for a few miles until it warms but it can be an inconvience to try locate a wide spot to pull over and shut down and restart to get the juice online.

Kennedy
10-25-2005, 07:57
The Edge on 0 still adds some HP.