PDA

View Full Version : Got stuck in Orland CA

letsgo
05-15-2004, 03:47
how can you tell if a dealer replaced 8 not new but rebuilt fuel injectors I looked for marks on bolts for movement non to be seen.

The truck just stopped on Interstate 5, I figered it was a fuel problem (air or filter) 2 days later the dealer says it has a secondary problem, so they replace the pressure regulator, 4 days later they say it has 2 defective injectors, I inform them that GM says you are to replace 8 injectors, 4 days later the service manager says 5 of the 8 new injectors they just replaced are defective, they have to order new injectors, I call customer service Canada (US not involved with canadian vehicals untill the 9th day)then return to Orland GMC and tell them that my file has been moved to GM's executive management level based in the USA, next morning at 9;30 I get a call saying the truck is ready, I ask what about the 5 defective injectors, the sevice manager says he drove my truck and could smell gasoline in my diesel, and that all the work they had done was not covered under warrentee (so shut up) or I would have to pay for the injectors.

The thing is for the first 2 days the mechanic had all the fuel lines appart and the fuel tank off trying to find the air leak, then GM told him to replace the pressure regulator, (he didnt smell gasoline).

I had driven 200 miles on this tank of fuel, lots of power, ran smooth, no problems.

hense my question.

[ 05-17-2004, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: letsgo ]

a5150nut
05-15-2004, 20:52
Quite a sequence of events here. But from what I read, you said they had the tank out to find air leaks? Then it was after that the service manager said he could smell gas in the deisel? Who refilled the tank after removeing/replaceing it?????

letsgo
05-17-2004, 03:32
Very good question.

I dont believe there was any gasoline and I dont believe I got any injectors. I would suggest there was a $5000.00 scam and GM paid cash and I paid in 10 days of time, camping and required extended health insurance.

the question still stands is there any way to tell if the fuel injectors were changed????

[ 05-17-2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: letsgo ]

DmaxMaverick
05-17-2004, 04:22
Unless GM change their policy in the last couple months....
The dealer can't just bill GM for an injector job, then not do it. They have to send in the old injectors. It is possible that they did not change your injectors, but they would still need a set to return. Unlesss they just happened to have an old set lying around. Not likely. They did give you a work order after the job, didn't they?

I suggest taking the truck to another dealer and explain your concerns. They don't seem to have any problem slinging mud at one another (dealers). A good tech should be able to tell. Just the balance rates could tell quite a bit. If it appears that they didn't do the job, have the dealer that does the inspection start a case on it. If it is proven, it should be enough to shut them down.

The gas smell? Hogwash. The dealer was pullin' your chain. Even a considerable amount of gas in the fuel won't cause damage. It would just stop running above about 60-75% gasoline. Even 25% gas may not be noticeable. This does not describe your problem, as you drove many miles on the same fuel with no problems.

You can also hit them with the warranty reply card. Other posts here indicate that someone does actually read them.

Don't put this one to rest, especially if they charged you one red cent.