PDA

View Full Version : Transfer case Programming?

Dinkie Diesel
01-03-2003, 11:44
I just had my truck back to the dealer for 2 separate concerns. The alternator is pushing 14.5+ volts and I still had an occasional engine surge when pulling into a parking space. I know this topic was covered before. I would pull up to park and it seemed like the engine would give itself a quick blip of the throttle. Kind of scarey when you're in close proximity to another vehicle. It only happened once or twice a month. When I picked up my truck the work order said they had re-programmed the transfer case programming. Is there such a thing? I don't think it is my imagination when I say it made some nice changes to the way the truck runs. It seems to have more power/throttle response, idles smoother, and sounds more even in the ticking produced by the diesel. I have already had the ECU reflashed a long time ago.

They told me my batteries and charging system are fine and they said it was charging 14.1. I opened the hood before I left their lot and put my digital meter on it and it said 14.5. It had cranked rather slow that morning I took it in. And it cranked slow the following morning after they said all was fine. I wasn't satisfied so I took it to my work where we have a load tester. I isolated the batteries and the passenger side would drop to 8 volts under load. Back to the dealer and they promptly replaced the bad battery. Alternator is still pushing 14.5 or more volts. Don't you think this is going to ruin more batteries? :confused:

MountainMax
01-03-2003, 13:22
Dinkie- I think you are not getting any answers to your voltage problem because the topic its under is transfer case programming. First welcome to the forum. Yes, your transmission is learning and it will probably go away. The transfer case does not adapt. It mearly sends the power to the front wheel drive. Post a topic dealing with high alt. voltage or similar and the guys should get back to you fairly quick

Turbo Al
01-03-2003, 17:20
Dinkie Diesel:
Here are the codes for the New Programing put into my truck in May 2002. Some may have been updated since then:

...Current #.............Selected #
A. 15063376..............15097100
B. 15082517..............15097103
C. 15082519..............15097105
D. 15063380..............15063380
E. 15082526..............15097112
F. 15063401..............15063401

Description of Code as follows:
A. New software to improve generic scan tool operation.

B. New calibration to address excessive shifting weith cruise on and idle surge.

C. New calibration to correct setting of false dtc p0236.

D. New calibration to address drivability and emissions. compliance issues.

E. New calibration for improved power in reverse when in 4wd low.

F. New calibration to address driveability and emissions. compliance issues.

This was done after almost the same complaints that you have posted. "E" is the one addressing the Transfer case Programming.

Hope this helps -- it is fairly old info.
Turbo Al