PDA

View Full Version : dead dmax..AGAIN

DADGLW
10-28-2005, 14:32
died again on saturday. had it towed to chey dealer again because the gmc dealer couldn't get to it for a week. tested it again.. injector junk.. talked to area rep in the afternoon..said he would get it straightened out..and he did..gmc dealer came got it and paid my wrecker bill!!! guess he found some time for it... putting in injectors!!! guess it pays to raise some cain...

Kennedy
10-28-2005, 15:32
So are they playing the onezy-twozy game or doing sets?

DADGLW
10-29-2005, 14:22
kennedy.... i don't really know. had a bad snowstorm up here and took down a cell tower so i didn't get my message till late. going to find out out monday morning. i hope they do them all!!!

mark45678
10-30-2005, 07:06
if your talking about a 2001 I would think they would do ALL seeing the miles????? who knows let us know what happends!

DmaxMaverick
10-30-2005, 10:43
DADGLW

It is very likely that any of the Duramax vehicles you have listed in your sig. are included in the Special Policy Campaign, # 04039 - (05/26/2004). From your previous post, it appears to be the 2002 with ~62K.

The inclusions are VIN specific, but cover nearly all 2001's and most 2002's. I have the VIN table handy, so post your VIN, and I can tell you for sure. The effective coverage period is 7 years or 200K miles, whichever comes first.

Your dealer has no choice what action to take, once your vehicle is determined to be covered by this policy. If your dealer replaces less than all 8 injectors, regardless what warranty service has been performed in the past, your dealer is not performing a repair in accordance with this policy.

This is not rocket science. If your engine displays specific symptoms (fuel in crankcase, high fuel return rates, among others, due to injector failure), and is included in the policy, you get 8 new injectors. That's it. Your dealer has it in black and white.

Now, on the other hand.....
If you issue is not fuel injector related (according to the policy), all bets are off. This is where it helps to have a competent tech (looks like you are running short in that department). It is likely in any case, your truck will get all new injectors at some time before you hit 200K. If your injectors are not a problem now, or they insist on replacing less than all of them, don't push it. If your dealer replaces less than all 8, you will always have the special policy in your pocket. Once you have all 8 replaced, the policy no longer applies to your vehicle. The policy is a one-time-shot. Once it's used, it's gone, and other warranties will have to come in. They expire at 100K.

DADGLW
10-30-2005, 15:09
dmax..2f222216.. according to the CHEVY dealer it qualifies. so your telling me that once they replace all 8, that the 7 year..200000 mile, is no longer? what happens if i have trouble with injectors again? they are telling me that my problem is a couple of them are bleeding back.i'll know more monday

DmaxMaverick
10-30-2005, 21:05
The 7 year/200K deals with a specific known issue with inferior injectors. Once you have all of them replaced, the issue no longer exists.

If you have issues with injectors later, it will not be related to the original campaign. The new injectors are supposed to be improved. This is the reason the campaign doesn't apply to later models.

Jim Brzozowski
10-31-2005, 09:32
When I got the letter from GM about the policy, I made extra copies, one for the truck, one in the file and the original in another safe place. I know my Vin is in there, so it probably just a matter of time. If yours is in the recall,use it, get the new injectors and don't worry about what comes next. If they do the job right and you keep clean fuel it should run a long long time.