PDA

View Full Version : Power Seat

Pewter Max
02-03-2005, 19:04
I have finally developed a problem !!
My power Seat quit working , The Lumbar support and Bun Warmer still work but not the seat .
I have checked the fuses and wiring harness and they look OK .
I thought I would start here before I go to the Dealer - Out of Warranty !
Thanks

2001 D/A ---"Same Old Injectors"

Onebigcanuck
02-04-2005, 09:12
Mine did the same thing last summer just before a 5 week trip. I thought I would have to sit on a box to drive. They repaced the underseat computer which was still under warrenty (thank God). Since then I have reprogramed the seat to not do easy enter so if it goes south again it will be in the last possition.

I would try to get one from a wrecker as they just plug in.

;)

madmatt
02-04-2005, 18:15
I've replaced a couple of switches for this concern.

Pewter Max
02-04-2005, 18:55
Hey madmatt
I was hoping for a reply from you .
Are you talking about the hand controls/switches on the side of the seat or is it the computer like Canuck is refering to ?
I was an old Dumb Firefighter !!
Thanks for the info.

madmatt
02-04-2005, 19:18
yeah the switch on the side of the seat. also I just remembered a Tahoe that had the memory seat control module go out but it lost all of it's memory functions and would still move, heat and adjust the lumbar support. Not sure what the switch cost but I'd say it's pricey since it's a switch assembly containing all the switches on the side of your seat as one. I'd find a good friend w/ a like vehicle and try swapping the switch.

madmatt
02-04-2005, 19:26
also find a scanner capable of reading body codes and check them out. MSC (memory seat control) modules will usually set codes. A tech 2 or a snap-on w/ the latest updates will do.

Pewter Max
02-05-2005, 16:11
Thanks for all the info Madmatt , I think I might be able to get my local dealer to hook it up to their machine .
At least the seat died in my position !!