PDA

View Full Version : Air Box Mods

mhagie
11-01-2005, 06:01
Brought home my new to me 02 D/A ECSB (440 miles from In to Ia,19.5 mpg @ 70mph) and am ready to start on some mods I have heard the first place to start is the air box.
What is the best all around mod for the air box?
All sugestions are appreciated.
Merle

silverado
11-01-2005, 08:01
MHAGIE:
I put an airaid sys. on mind an love it. I have a
4 in exhaust AND my trip TO OR. It kept setting a code the MAF sensor kept thinking is was getting to much fuel and would cut it back. Talk to hi- performance chevy dealer sold me the airraid sys. What that did was move MAF sensor back up stream
closer to the turbo. On my trip home back to NY it did not set any more codes. Stock MAF to close to air box it can't detect all the air going thru moving it back does. Hope that helps. I have 01
Bruce

Kennedy
11-01-2005, 10:00
On my site under Tech Tips or:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/dmaxairintake.html

I also carry the AFE intake kits if you want to take it further...

dieseldummy
11-02-2005, 15:49
I followed the mods listed on Kennedy's web site when I did my air box. I can't say that is helped much other than the fact that the filter minder doesn't suck in now. The turbo does whistle a little more though. It's really easy to do and only takes a few minutes.

Kennedy
11-03-2005, 09:40
Originally posted by dieseldummy:
I followed the mods listed on Kennedy's web site when I did my air box. I can't say that is helped much other than the fact that the filter minder doesn't suck in now. The turbo does whistle a little more though. It's really easy to do and only takes a few minutes. If you still had the snorkels, you need to read the REST of the Tech tip and should have the ECM programming updates done also.

SHOPMAN426
11-03-2005, 10:25
Kennedy,

I read the Tech tip and was wondering, would you recomend running a paper filter with these airbox mods. At this time I have a Baldwin paper filter, and being up here in the pacific northwest, it rains alot. Having an '02 without the snorkle type box I should be ok. The opening in the wall between the fender and engine compartment is sealed with foil tape.

Thanks,
Shopman426,
Mike.

dieseldummy
11-03-2005, 21:36
Do the updates make that big of a difference? I was going to ask to have them done when I had the parking brake recall done, but forgot. This late in the game they will probably want to charge for it to I would guess. Anyone have the going rate for the latest and greatest flash to be done?