PDA

View Full Version : CRUISE CONTROL

JOE G
02-05-2005, 06:12
WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS KNOWLEDGE ON INSTALLATION OF CRUISE CONTROL ON A TRUCK NOT FACTORY SUPPLIED (GMC 2500HD-6.6L). IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT SOME TRUCKS ARE WIRED FOR A PLUG AND PLAY APPLICATION, NOT MINE. HAD IT TO A ROSTRA SERVICE SUPPLIER AND FOUR HOURS LATER THEY SAID THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO INSTALL DUE TO TRUCK NOT HAVING THE RIGHT PLUG ON WIRING HARNESS. THEY SAID THEY WOULD CALL ROSTRA TECH GROUP AND FIND OUT THE PARTICULARS.... FOUR WEEKS HAVE PASSED AND WE'RE STILL WAITING. I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT WEST COAST CHOPPERS, ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS, BOYD CODDINGTON CAN BUILD A COMPLETE CUSTOM WHATEVER IN 48 HRS AND I CAN'T SEEM TO GET A DIPPY CRUISE CONTROL!! grubbx3@earthlink.net

DmaxMaverick
02-05-2005, 13:55
Welcome to TDP Joe!

What year is your truck? The connector may have been changed for 2005 M/Y, but I wouldn't think so.

If your truck is 2001-2004, and the connector is not fitting, then they are trying to install the wrong one. The connectors are the same, cruise or not. Several members here have done exactly what you are trying.

There were a couple good treads on this. Try a search for "cruise" in both Duramax and Trucks/drivetrain. It's been 6 months or so since it's been up.

Good luck.