PDA

View Full Version : intercooler

01max
02-08-2005, 17:09
has anybody tried the new techni-cooler from banks and if so how much was it and did it make a lot of differents?

More Power
02-09-2005, 15:22
I haven't seen a Banks IC for the Duramax, but I know that intercoolers in general are somewhat expensive. An aftermarket unit would have to be significantly more efficient than the original to make a worthwhile bang for the buck.

The LLY is equipped with smallish IC pipes and hoses. There might be more gain to be found by going to larger pipes (like those found on the LB7).

MP

DmaxMaverick
02-09-2005, 22:46
Originally posted by More Power:
The LLY is equipped with smallish IC pipes and hoses. There might be more gain to be found by going to larger pipes (like those found on the LB7). I noticed this too. Could be to reduce the volume of the intake tract. Result would be less lag and turbulence, with a more uniform I.D. throughout. The larger piping would have better heat transfer qualities. Advantage/disadvantage??? Probably 6 one, half dozen the other.

01max
02-10-2005, 05:30
if you go to bankspower.com they have a IC for both the lb7 and the lly but they dont show any # on how much power gain. thats why i ask

More Power
02-10-2005, 07:52
The 1994-02 Dodge Cummins intercoolers are made by the same company as which supplies the Duramax IC (Behr). The DC IC's utilize 4" inlets/outlets and pipes.

Based on some rough measurements, the DC IC should work in a DM after minimal mods. I bought a DC IC a year ago for $175, to modify for use in our Project truck.

MP