PDA

View Full Version : Do you think GM and or Ford with the

2dogs
02-08-2005, 19:57
V-8's will take VW's lead and design a Diesel to have twins on it from scratch - I mean 1/cylinder bank??????

DmaxMaverick
02-09-2005, 23:00
I sure hope not. These things have too many moving parts already!

I'm not sure I really know what you mean??? I don't think VW is leading. Haven't seen one yet that will pull a 12,000# 5'er. A great big (number-wise) Diesel engine in a little bitty SUV (or whatever they're called) doesn't make it a truck.

matt-max
02-10-2005, 09:50
if you have the chance to drive a v-10 tdi touareg....do it! it is an absolute blast! very torquey, fast and fun to drive. beautiful and very comfortable inside. incredibly capable off-road (for the guy or gal who doesn't mind taking a $74k suv offroad....) with adjustable height and damping suspension.

best friend has 16k miles on his now and flogs it hard all over the upper midwest in all conditions and loves it more than any vehicle he's owned. last time i drove it (when new) average mpg was 23+....he claims it is now over 25 even at 80-100mph highway speeds....he says he has seen 140mph indicated on the speedo.

and while it may not be a 'truck' it is rated to haul up to about 8000#.....

matt

rjwest
02-10-2005, 14:12
8K pounds, sounds like the Tail wagging the Dog... Don't think I'd want to try it.....