PDA

View Full Version : Edge Customer Service

Bugsy
02-09-2005, 06:29
For the last 2 weeks I have sent email to EDGE Technical and Sales Departments about an issue with a module that is 3 months old. No answer to date. Is this normal for them?
Seems like pretty bad customer service to me.

ADub
02-09-2005, 07:05
I have no personal experience with Edge, but it sounds like you should try calling them.

OC_DMAX
02-09-2005, 15:39
I would call them by telephone instead of using the email route. Though I am no longer using their product, they have taken care of several issues that I had immediately over the phone and shipped replacement parts. Excellent customer service in my opinion.

Kennedy
02-09-2005, 16:32
Edge has always had excellent customer service, but recent trends have been for many new "fly by night" vendors to pump out product in huge volume at cheap prices and then let Edge take care of any issues that arise. This in turn buries Edge with problems that should be resolved by the selling dealer...

Bugsy
02-11-2005, 12:06
Ok,
Everything is straightening out now. I guess the mail didn't go through or something. They are responding fast and are gonna replace the unit.
Turned out OK and the Customer Service is good now. There for awhile I thought I had an issue brewing with them. All taken care of.

pgreen
02-12-2005, 07:43
What kind of issue are you having with your Juice? I have an 05 LLY with a Juice and it "coughs" occasionally during acceleration. Edge replaced the unit for me, but the problem is still there. Truck runs fine without the Juice plugged in....

Bugsy
02-12-2005, 19:11
I got "Shift Range Inhibited" in the gear selector window and lost reverse. Restarted and reset Juice and it cleared.
Did it twice so I removed the Juice and OK since.
EDGE is giving me a new unit.
Once I got them to reply they were very good about the matter.
Here is the email for the guy who took care of mine.
cchatelain@edgeproducts.com

justforme
02-14-2005, 20:55
Originally posted by pgreen:
What kind of issue are you having with your Juice? I have an 05 LLY with a Juice and it "coughs" occasionally during acceleration. Edge replaced the unit for me, but the problem is still there. Truck runs fine without the Juice plugged in.... mine does this too. although it's more like it falls on it's face.

i was hoping to see some sort of revision real soon.

btw: iv'e had mine for about a month.

rickdlance
02-15-2005, 07:43
Mine also did the cough. Set codes also. Tried a second one same thing. Reflash was reccomended but did not help. They had no idea what the problem was. Running Predator now. Hope they get it fixed.

justforme
02-15-2005, 15:29
mine set codes too and seems to run better/pull harder with less throttle.

Kennedy
02-16-2005, 07:19
There is an update to the LLY Juice coming soon. V1.1 programming, and a hardware alteration. More info as becomes available.

justforme
02-16-2005, 14:21
Originally posted by kennedy:
There is an update to the LLY Juice coming soon. V1.1 programming, and a hardware alteration. More info as becomes available. is this something you'd do (i bought it from you) or would i send it directly to edge?

let me know
thanks
jim

Steve N AZ
02-26-2005, 17:08
Hello all, (first post to this group). Just installed the Edge Juice/Attitude to my 05 and wow what a seat of the pants improvement. (Much more so than my 99 Dodge with the VA, anyway thats gone!)

Under heavy throttle 75% or greater, the engine coughs. It does this in setting 0 through 3 (Haven't tried 4 or 5 yet, and don't intend to until the coughing is resovled).

From what I'm reading here in this thread: There's a pending update and/or the unit needs to be replaced. Bummer I'm towing a 17,000 lb gooseneck trailer next week and was looking forward to using the juice (Level 1 or two depending on temps).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve N AZ
03-02-2005, 23:09
I emailed them last Friday, I heard back Tuesday.

Not too bad.

They said return the juice for a software update.

Other than that they didn't say what they thought the problem was.