PDA

View Full Version : New G.M. Supplier Discount Help!!

pontiac_m18
02-11-2005, 15:40
To all you guys that have questions about the G.M. Supplier Discount Program?? I was just sent a new help for people that have any questions about it.
Go to Build your own.

Now there's a designated area of GM BuyPower where you can configure a
specific vehicle and get employee or GM in the Driveway pricing for it.
Just go to gmfamilyfirst.com and choose "Build Your Own" or "GMID Pricing"
in the "Vehicle Shopping" menu. For more detailed instructions, go to
http://www.imail.imrsvcs.com/UM/T.asp?A64.292.69.3.113818. Happy shopping!! Howard

bobo
02-11-2005, 18:36
I qualify for the GM employee discount because most of my family works for GM. I also qualify for the supplier discount through my employer. I asked my dealer the difference between supplier and employee. He told me employee discount is an extra 3% off sticker price compared to the supplier discount. Anybody else heard of this? I thought the employee discount was a good deal. The supplier discount isn't far behind at 3% difference.

OC_DMAX
02-11-2005, 18:50
I have access to both plans also (employee and supplier). I checked several years ago and the employee plan offered more than a 3 percent difference. It probably depends on what vehicle you are pricing. The larger the margin GM has built into the vehicle, the larger the employee discount you get.

If you have access to the employee plan, thats all you need; forget about the supplier plan.

madmatt
02-11-2005, 19:55
it's been my experience that any dealer can beat any GM offered discount whenever they want for the right people. For example, my Uncle came to the dealer I work for and because he had been a great customer, was good friends w/ the mgt, and was paying w/ cash he got a brand new silverado way cheaper Then I was quoted just two weeks prior. When I asked about this I was given the "Well son yadda yadda yadda....sorry about your luck" and I even work for these people. the bottom line is sales dept. are going to make as much money possible off of you regardless of who you are unless they stand to profit in other ways by taking care of select customers.

dieseldealer
02-11-2005, 20:26
The GM dealership or GM Employee discount can not be beaten unless you have more GM points on a GM card than the discount provides. I have had customers pay invoice in order to use their points. Any other deal, the Dealership or Employee discount can not be beaten unless the dealer wants to sell a vehicle for no profit. The employee price, supplier price,and dealership employee price are all non-negotiable and are printed on every invoice. If you get a good deal, use all available rebates instead of GMAC low apr financing, and have a great deal of GM points available it is possible to beat a special price plan. The supplier price is a good plan but can be matched or beaten at certain times of year or on certain vehicles a dealer may want to remove from inventory.

jbplock
02-12-2005, 04:47
Originally posted by dieseldealer:
... The supplier price is a good plan but can be matched or beaten at certain times of year or on certain vehicles a dealer may want to remove from inventory. Dealer's in my area often run sales and advertise they will give the GM Supplier price to anyone. Last year I took advantage of this when buying a 04 Impala. I bought the Impala at the GMS price minus 2K$ in GM Card points. http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif I also have access to the GMS price through my employer but if I had used it the GM card points would not apply.

OC_DMAX
02-12-2005, 06:09
I may date myself here a little bit, I have not purchased a new GM vehicle since 2003. However, when I did, the following were true:

The "supplier" price and "employee" price are two different programs (the employee price is BETTER than the supplier price). I have access to both and compared the prices. GMS is the "employee" program price, not the supplier program price. A number of years ago, for EMPLOYEES, there were GMO and GMS options within the employee program (o = order and s = stock). If you ordered a vehicle on the employee program, it was GMO. If you took a vehicle out of dealer stock, it we GMS.

Anybody who is getting a vehicle from the dealer for the employee "GMS" price (the GMS price is printed on the dealer invoice, not the window sticker) is getting an EXCELLENT price. I doubt any dealer will beat this price.

Supplier prices are good (and can be obtained "hassle free" without going through any of the negotiating BS that consumers are sometimes put through). However, they are still short by 3-5% of the employee price.

In general, the Employee discounts have declined over the last 10 years (by about 2-3%). I suspect it has to do with the "incentives" that GM is now EXPECTED to provide to consumers to move their vehicles. Employees have access to these incentives as well as the employee discount.

On Edit:

Example - for Chev Silverado 2500HD - the employee GMS discount appears to be approx 15.25% from BASE Vehicle MSRP sticker price (just checked discount price on GM website). Any options ordered on the vehicle (like a DMAX engine) are discounted 17%. A number of years ago, I could have gotten 18% off both base and options by ordering the vehicle.

[ 02-12-2005, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: OC_DMAX ]

Buck
02-12-2005, 20:23
I saved $11k off the sticker on my '05 with GM in the driveway, rebates and GM card earnings. :D :D :D :cool:

Can't use GM card earnings with supplier discount, as I am elgible for that as well.

jbplock
02-13-2005, 02:39
Originally posted by OC_DMAX:
... The "supplier" price and "employee" price are two different programs (the employee price is BETTER than the supplier price)... GMS is the "employee" program price, not the supplier program price Alan,

Thanks for the clarification.. smile.gif

I was incorrectly assuming "GMS" was short for GM Supplier.

DarylB
02-17-2005, 01:43
Just bought my wife a 2005 Impala SS, just a heads up, you cant use GM card points with the GMS or GM supplier discounts. I ended up getting a sweet deal, $4000 In rebates + $3000 in GM card points on the car.