PDA

View Full Version : does changing a bad wastegate solenoid effect the transmission?

RumRunneR
01-14-2004, 13:47
Heres one for ya, I changed a bad wastegate solenoid and now it seems the transmission is shifting differently. Sometimes it won't shift from 2nd to 3rd and will redline if I don't tap on the throttle. Changing the fluid and filter didn't seem to make a difference.

ucdavis
01-14-2004, 14:17
You said "sometimes" so I take it this is intermittent. 3 times I've had the no-shift routine, no codes; all 3 times a shut-down & restart cured it. Seems the computer needed a reboot (maybe MSFT wrote the operating system?).
Yours has high mileage, & the electronic shift solenoids might be getting suspect. Should be under $200 to change both out at a good tranny shop.

RumRunneR
01-14-2004, 14:50
Correct, it is intermittent. The only pattern was the changing of the wastegate solenoid and after that tranny seemed to rev higher before shifting.

RumRunneR
01-25-2004, 02:26
Also, about the same time, I removed the snorkel.

markrinker
01-25-2004, 03:37
Higher boost = higher (quicker?) revs?

I'd surmise that the transmission problem (mechanical or electrical) is exaggerated by the new power your engine is making.

pannhead
01-25-2004, 08:27
if the timeline is correct, i'm thinking you may have bumped an electrical connection while doing these procedures..one time after cleaning my air filter i then had no boost :confused: , turned out i had "bumped" (broke) one of the cheap vac line to the actuator :mad: ....just a thought...good luck ;)