PDA

View Full Version : Vibration when coming to a stop

Jon Wolfe
05-25-2004, 16:52
When coming to a stop, I'm experiencing a noticable vibration in the brake pedal and to a lesser extent throughout the truck. It only last a second or two, and seems to happen right before coming to a stop

okauto
05-25-2004, 17:59
If you don't feel the vibration in the steering wheel, then it's probably coming from the rear brakes. You may want to check the runout on the rear discs, or whether any of the brakes have any oil or greese on them from a leaking seal. If you find nothing, then check the front's. However, if it is in the front you will normally feel a sideways pulsing movement in the steering wheel first. As a last alternative, you may have some hard spots in your discs from very heavy braking that causes excessive heat. The solution is to replace them, or at a minimum have them re-machined.

DURA-MAX3
05-26-2004, 09:37
I think it is in the booster or power steering pump.It gets worse when towing a trailer on mine.I don't think its the brake disks or parts on the brakes themselves because my trunk is brand new. Not enought time to have that kind of trouble. Other web site people are reporting the same trouble...

[ 05-26-2004, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: DURA-MAX3 ]

DURA-MAX3
05-26-2004, 12:17
Just got off the phone with service manager and they are going to look at my truck this week about the noise, he said they have had some complaints but no one has brought one in yet...I am going to pull my trailer while he rides with me since mine does it while towing. He said that the truck has a hydra boost to assist the brakes..and this is probably where the noise is from...

Jon Wolfe
05-26-2004, 17:38
Yes...my truck is brand new...only 3000 miles. If almost feels like my old 6.2 when it went from 1st to 2nd gear...its a deep low vibration that could also be the downshift from 3 to 2. Or the brake booster could be the culprit. I'm not going to take mine in yet...but will do it after I hear from others on here.

Thanks for the ideas....Jon

DURA-MAX3
05-27-2004, 18:59
Just got back from the dealer today and the power steering pump was overfilled. It was completly full, as in no room for any more...It was puking it out around the filler cap...The dealer said he did not think that was the problem but told me to try it out.We test drove the truck with the trailer and it takes a while for the fluid to get hot enought to do it but it did and he said it definitly isn't right and is currently checking with GM about the problem.I told him about this web site and that other people were reporting the same problem...He said that he is going to start reading our great forum...James Wood is a great dealership and there service is the best I've seen

Mudflap
05-27-2004, 21:01
It sounds like your anti-lock brake sensor. You sy your truck is new, GM has been having problems with the front hubs doing this as they wear but that is usually in older trucks like mine. I would have your anti-lock brakes checked.