PDA

View Full Version : Bully Dog Power Pup

Hoss
02-13-2005, 16:15
Just bought a Power Pup off my neighbor who sold his DMax. He detuned it before he sold it so I'm hoping it cleared his stock settings out of it before I downloaded and tuned mine. Question is, is it safe to pull heavy loads if I have it on the 50 H.P. tune without EGT gauge? I plan on getting EGT and boost guages, but it won't be for a month or so. Should I put mine back to stock tune until the guages are installed, or is the 50 tune safe to tow with? TIA...

Hoss
02-14-2005, 16:17
No one has a Power Pup?

Kennedy
02-15-2005, 06:58
Not the most popular, but a solid unit. Personally, the timing is too raspy for me. The Quadzilla (same hardware/OS) has different tunes that I find better.

As for tow safe, it's anybodies guess. I've seen trucks tow with 100+HP tunes and I've seen them limp with 70HP tunes...

Hoss
02-17-2005, 02:51
Thanks Kennedy, I'll be calling you in a few days to order guages anyhow. Will pick your brain on the best guages and installation then. I haven't had any problems going into limp mode, I'm just worried about high EGT's while towing, thats why I haven't tuned any higher than the 50 HP setting.