PDA

View Full Version : SES Light

KGS
02-18-2005, 05:56
Okay, I just reinstalled my Edge/Attitude after sending it back to Edge and getting a new one. They said that the old one "failed" during the road test.

I was having problems at highway speeds after a long drive, see "noisey engine" post from mid January. This never left an SES light.

On my way to work this morning, I get the light pulling into the parking lot, just before parking and shutting down. Do I now remove the box and visit the dealer????

More Power
02-18-2005, 09:12
Remove the Edge, reset the codes if you can (or disconnect the batteries for a few minutes), then see if the code/light returns. If it does, you'll need to visit the dealer.

If it does not return, drive the truck for a period of time to satisfy yourself that the light doesn't return, then reinstall the Edge module while making doubly sure of the installation. If the light then returns, call Edge or your Edge dealer.

MP

madmatt
02-18-2005, 15:48
I'd check the code before clearing it. just for a little piece of mind in case it comes back on you'll have some idea what it may be.

KGS
02-20-2005, 16:41
Thanks.

I removed the Juice and tried to clear the SES light, by removing battery cables. No such luck. Truck seems to have less power and smokes more while pulling boat yesterday. Going to the dealer this week to read codes and get this figured out.

KGS
02-21-2005, 16:22
Code was for the cam sensor, dealer cleared code and road tested. Code didn't reappear. Could the Juice have caused the code???

Now should I drive it for a while before re-installing the Juice???

madmatt
02-21-2005, 16:26
yeah the juice could have caused it. I'd drive it for a while w/out it and see what happens.

KGS
02-22-2005, 19:07
The code was a P0351??? I talked to the tech, my neighbor and he also said that at the time the code was set, I was doing 77mph at 78% throttle. I didn't have the new box on long enough (less than 24hrs) to even run it at highway speeds(65) before I got the SES light. What is going on here??? Madmatt???

riverchucky
02-23-2005, 13:16
P0351* Ignition Coil A pri/Sec Circuit Error
Per Duramax GM Diagnostic Trouble Code Interpretations this may cause SES indicator. Sounds like gremlins playing musical codes with your rig. Wish I could be of assistance. . .

KGS
02-23-2005, 15:25
Set another one this AM on the way to work P0181??? Still running stock, no Juice. The dealer said that there was a bulletin #02-04-058. They cleared codes and reflashed PCM.

Could a new Juice unit cause this much trouble???

Guess I keep driving it stock for awhile before re-installing the Juice :confused:

madmatt
02-23-2005, 20:11
give me the info on your rig and i'll see what I can come up with.....P0351????????Dude, your D-max has ign coils??? nah for real though the p0181 is a fuel temp sensor perfromance code and could be caused by the use of a winter grill cover or block heater in higher then specified temps. it takes the readings from the fuel temp sensor and iat sensor and compares them to see if the readings are accurate and helps determine the ambient temp @ start up. also that bulletin# is no good. did find #pip3286 though. for 01&02 there is an updated calibration per bulletin#02-06-04-058.(bet thats the one your dealer was talkin about) the juice probably didn't cause this one.(p0181)

KGS
02-23-2005, 21:28
madmatt,

The VIN 1GCHK23192F193956. What else do you need?? They told me it was for CMP or cam position sensor. The P0351 is what was on the first work order.

I have been using the block heater, the temps have been 30 F, too lazy to scrape windows and sit in a cold truck.

Thanks, Kurt

madmatt
02-24-2005, 17:09
no info needed you just explaned it for yourself. using your block heater in those temps will most definitly set a p0181. that is also discussed in the bulletin.