PDA

View Full Version : Banks Stinger and Warranty

hazbunch
02-19-2005, 15:51
Thinking about buying the Banks Stinger system, does anybody have any feedback on it. What are the pros and the cons of the Banks Stinger system on the Duramax? Has anyone had a problem with Chevy honoring their warranty after seeing the Banks Stinger in the truck?

More Power
02-19-2005, 19:40
US Diesel Parts (http://www.usdieselparts.com) is an authorized Banks dealer, and can help you select the right product you're looking for. I've used a variety of Banks products through the years, and found them to be of excellent quality. Unfortunately, I've not used any of their Duramax power products.

As far as warranty is concerned, I'd suggest doing a search here in this forum for the keywords "magnuson-moss". You'll find lots of useful info, ideas and opinions on GM's powertrain warranty regarding aftermarket parts in general and power products in particular.

Good luck,

MP

BozDMAX
02-19-2005, 19:49
I am happy with mine. Have had it almost a year and only had one problem with the exhaust brake actuator, but that is not a part of the Stinger package anyway. I recommend the brake and Monster Exhaust as well.

I considered the Six-Gun but it was more than I needed. I have pulled at nearly 24K GCVW at times and there is plenty of power without going to the Six-Gun.

Do a search on "Banks" in this forum and read other comments from me and others.

R Hood
03-11-2005, 12:59
Banks is great in warranty clain situations. Review my post - Dead Duramax - Warranty Fight

Heartbeat Hauler
03-11-2005, 16:00
I have had the stinger kit on my truck now for about a year and so far no problems. It really helped on towing as the truck rarely shifts out of overdrive even on a hill, and it's fun around town too... :D The only draw back is if you have to take the truck in for warranty work. Taking the system out isn't much of a problem, but the guages won't work once you disconnect the OttoMind. I went to my dealer and talked to him about it and he didn't seem to concerned, but did say if the Banks Kit was found to cause the problem I would be on the hook for the repair cost...as it should be.
JP

R Hood
03-16-2005, 19:09
You shouldn't disconnect your Banks system when you take it to the dealer.

Magnuson-Moss plainly states "the mere presence of an after market item is not cause for warranty denial."

GM or any manufacturer has to prove that the after market item caused a failure.

Been there, done that. Blown engine caused by failed injector. Banks TLC, Monster exhaust, Exhaust brake.

After my new engine was installed, courtesy of GM ($14,000+) the dealer hooked all my goodies back up!