PDA

View Full Version : WOW $$$ FUEL FILTER

MIKE MOG
02-19-2005, 18:18
THIS IS MY FIRST DURAMAX AND ALI IT IS A 2003 CHEVY 4 DOOR WITH A 8 FOOT BED. IM GOING TO CHANGE THE OIL HERE SHORTLY AND PICKED UP SOME ROTELLA OIL, I WANT TO CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER AND ALLI FILTER ALSO. THE GUY AT THE PARTS STORE TOLD ME 10.00 DOLLARS FOR A OIL FILTER 15.00 FOR THE ALLI AND 38.00 FOR A FUEL FILTER. I JUST ABOUT S--T!! I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE FOROMS AND EVERYONE SAYS TO CHANGE THE F-F EVERY OTHER OIL CHANGE. ANYPLACE TO GET A CHEAPER PRICE ON FILTERS? I THINK THIS TRUCK IS REALLY GREAT AND SO IS THIS WEB SITE. THANKS, MIKE

More Power
02-19-2005, 19:34
I paid $42 for the first fuel filter I bought in 2000. Since then, lots of aftermarket suppliers have come online with the same OEM filter (or updated product) for a whole lot less money. Try some of the vendors listed in the Advertisers Section (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.... smile.gif

MP

MIKE MOG
02-20-2005, 07:48
THANK YOU, IVE NEVER BEEN THERE.
MIKE

Kennedy
02-20-2005, 14:48
The older ones are available cheap. The latest dual media are more expensive. I no longer offer the old ones.

DmaxMaverick
02-20-2005, 18:01
Hey JK....

Are the filters visually different? What is the obvious tell-tale? I know I heard they are different length, but is there anything else? Other than part #, of course.

I have an older one installed now, and will be changing as soon as the new ones arrive.

Just want to make sure someone (not your store) doesn't okie-doke me, or others. They charged me 50% more for the new order.

Thanks.

Kennedy
02-21-2005, 08:51
Some have a black stripe, or different part number. The old LLY element was a bit longer, but was the single layer. You know, you could always order from my store and you'll be absolutely certain what you are getting. ;)

DmaxMaverick
02-21-2005, 13:54
Yeah. I know. But....

My dear old uncle has an independent parts house and he sells to me under the counter. Really not much savings, which isn't the real reason. Kinda' like being obligated to eat Auntie's cookies, no matter how bad they are. He is a Diesel enthusiast (wrong brand..good for healthy discussion) and knows about when I'm due, so he keeps all my filters and such on hand when I need them, right out of the Wix catalog. He did note the wix # in the new catalog, when ordered, gets superceeded by another #, indicating it has been updated with the newer filter. I would be a little concerned that some not-so-ethical suppliers may try to just repackage them to unload a worthless stock, and get double their money back.

The BF7635 is still proprietary, so you got me there, and I split the Amsoil between you and Greg. Don't worry, I'll throw you a bone, now and again.

Thanks John. We really appreciate your efforts!

Kennedy
02-22-2005, 13:10
Regardless what the outside says, if you look in through the WIF hole the tin end cap should have 2 recessed grooves approx 1/8" wide rather than 1 for the old one.

MIKE MOG
02-22-2005, 13:26
WHAT DO YOU CHARGE FOR A UPDATER FUEL FILTER.
MIKE

Chevy2DMAX
02-24-2005, 16:11
I got two NAPA 3910 filters for $45 on E-Bay from Youngstown NAPA. They are the new filter.

MIKE MOG
02-26-2005, 14:23
OK , WHAT NAPA? YOUNGSTOWN IS NOT FAR FROME ME.

MIKE

Chevy2DMAX
02-26-2005, 14:46
I don't know where they are. The phone is 330-782-8011. I have no idea what they sell them for at the store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7957848301&category=33660&sspagename=WDVW