PDA

View Full Version : Update from Muncie

Kennedy
06-05-2004, 09:12
So far the only news I have is BMDMAX at 616RWHP.

More to come as available. Nice to have wireless access in the shop!

AndyL
06-05-2004, 15:58
:eek:

What was peak torque?

Kennedy
06-06-2004, 06:38
1100's I believe.

BMDMAX
06-08-2004, 09:14
The truck made 503.6 / 966.8 on #2 at Muncie. Down a bit from my numbers in GA but not much.

On the bottle it made 616.5 / 1155.9 and there was still some smoke to clean up. I need a little more dyno time for additional tuning.

Big thanks to JK for the sweet setup.

I had a bad time at the track with getting it to hook though as the 60' times were way up from the norm. Best pass was 13.0@109MPH but I only got to make three runs. I had really hoped for better track prep but what can you do? The truck was overpowering the slicks easily in 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd gear. :eek:

I did not lose one race though! Made a couple of Dodges and a Ford look like they were standing still. :D

heartbeatcanada
06-08-2004, 15:54
Brandon's truck rocks. Too bad he couldn't get it to hook. Very impressive times for a 2wd.

Now if i could only get my 4x4 to disengage while going down the track. I ran a 12.5 @ 109mph in 4x4, same speed as Brandon with 2wd. Definetely i will have to go practice at the track with how much boost to launch at and with what programming. I had quite a bit of 4x4 spin at the beginning with the bottle on. Will have to shed some weight too, which shouldn't be too hard with the toolbox, back rack, back seat, battery and install the air dam and that should get me a better time. Oh did i mention i cut a .502 light :eek: Not bad for only the forth time racing. Ya, probably luck, but let me gloat some more. smile.gif Can't wait for next years event.......or possibly Shieds

Kennedy
06-08-2004, 17:07
Jeremy,

I talked with Lyndon tonight. I think you may want to have him scale back the fueling in the program a bit and see if things settle down with the supply issues. I doubt you will slow down any, and may even pick up a bit. I'd like to see if you get back to the dyno how your present setup compares to a known standard from previous testing.

Brandon,

Dunno what to say. 4wd would definitely help! ;)

heartbeatcanada
06-08-2004, 19:54
John, i agree. I think there is too much fuel which is hurting me. I would like to spend a day at the track trying different stacks, or different hp programs with the injectors and see what seems to work the best. Would also like to do the same on the rollers. Just need the time to do all that. If it rains one day this week i'll hit the rollers and see what i come up with. Will call you tommorow and chat, about many things.

BMDMAX
06-09-2004, 06:49
Jeremy,

A little tuning and you will be in the low 12's for sure. 12.5 is still smoking. :D

I was still happy with everything overall, especially since I was only hitting the bottle at HALF track.

John,
The traction bars were working overtime for sure. I know that things will be different track to track so I am looking forward to running on the home turf. The guys at SDR are very sharp on track prep so even my 2WD diesel pig hooks up. tongue.gif

I may just go ahead and four-link that sucker! :eek:

Kennedy
06-09-2004, 11:12
4 link? NOW you're talking!