PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Dropping

J&EINPA
02-20-2005, 17:21
I have a GMC 2003 3500 DMAX. Have any of you experienced a problem with the tailgate disengaging and dropping down while driving or towing? I have had this problem and it recently cost me some expensive loss out of the truck bed. When I asked the dealer service writer about it he blew me off that it was a Linex coating problem. It worked for 18 months after the lining was applied with no problem. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks, John

madmatt
02-20-2005, 19:18
I worked on one a while back for a similar concern and I found the customer installed bedcover had slid back and was keeping the tailgate from fully engaging the strickers. the tailgate would stay up....untill you pulled on it or hit a bump. also had one were the tail gate was damaged when something struck it in the middle bowing it and not allowing it to be shut completely unless it was slammed extremely hard. Not trying to say it's anything you did, just food for thought based on what I've seen.

jbplock
02-21-2005, 04:21
Also See: Tailgate Problems (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001233)

(Moved to the Chevrolet & GMC 2500HD/3500 Light Trucks forum)

smile.gif