PDA

View Full Version : New engine or addtional 100K warranty???

4x4hunter
06-08-2004, 06:06
My 2004 3500 crewcab D/A (LLY) is still down in Coalinga, California and has been for 15 days now and counting. Truck has 20K on it. What started as a bad injector has now evolved into whole left valve train assembly "shifting" causing bent valve, broken keepers, just about everything topside of head ruined. Now oil in the coolant and GM d/n want to change the head as claiming head gasket intact. How does oil get into the coolant, if the gasket is OK unless head is cracked or damaged in some other way?

I've been honking "lemon" and GM now negotiating towards replacing head and all with it. They claim pistons look like new, cylinder walls still showing factory hone marks, etc.nothing wrong elsewhere.

I'm pushing for new engine or extended warranty, what say ya'll?

If I'm correct in my thinking, if get new engine only have new 100K warranty but if have head, etc. replaced and get extended warranty good for some 180K, right or wrong?

The second, of additional 4 rigs on order arrived at dealership. That sure helps leverage-wise. (I came out of retirement and starting yacht deliveries)

Please jump in and give me some ideas. Thanks in advance!

Been buying from the General for 25+ years and ve never had theses kind of mechanical problems before.

4x4hunter

2004 Chevy 3500 D/A crewcab silverado 4x4 "Texas Edition" silver birch metallic, 30K gooseneck hitch, headache rack, toolbox/aux. tank, 4 KCs., Rhino lined, all factory w/bs. (all immobile)
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71 - had bad valve stem seals from factory.
1998 Chevy Tahoe Z71 pkge - no problems
1998 Chevy Z71 silverado pickup - no problems
1996 Chevy Impala SS - last of the "blacks" - no problems. Less than 10K on it.
1985 K5 Blazer - 350, 40 over, trick flow heads, Holley Pro-Jection 4 TBI, headers, Performer manifold, RV 1 cam, MSD ignition,roller lifters, etc. It grunts! 3rd engine - over 250K on vehicle.
1981 Jeep CJ7 - Chevy 350 TBI, R700

HD-Nate
06-08-2004, 06:51
NEW ENGINE???

I would be going for a NEW TRUCK!!!!

Raise all sorts of heck with GM, skip the dealership, go to the divisional manager, call the GM number in back of you owners manual and start the process. Let them know that your truck is your business and you are loosing $$$$ by the hour. Also that you are already not happy with the reliability of "THIS" truck.

By all means use the 4 trucks ordered for leverage if you are still dealing with the dealership.

Good luck, every manf. goofs up on occassion, its how they handle them that makes the difference.

oyazi
06-09-2004, 20:38
Exact samething happened to our neighbor 01 @45k miles. When the parts came in, they then found that the head was cracked also.

MaxACL
06-10-2004, 10:15
4x4hunter

Drop me an email about your hauler.

Mike
miketheboo "at" hotmail "dot" com