PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for First MOD

BigMikeO
09-16-2003, 08:28
I have a 1995 2500 4x4 with no mods currently on it. aside from a couple of minor oil leaks it is running fine. My question is that because I can never leave well enough alone, what are your suggestions for the First Modification. I am planning on gutting the CAT as my first MOD since it won't cost me anything but sweat. I am looking for other suggestions. Also what do you feel would give me the most bang for the buck?

mhagie
09-16-2003, 09:09
Call John Kennedy at Kennedy Diesel, from mild to wild he can give you an answer.
He is a DP advertiser.

jspringator
09-16-2003, 09:26
Boost Guage, pyrometer, all in preparation for a booswt controller, which will make a huge difference.

tanker
09-16-2003, 09:34
Boost and pyrometer gauges first. Why? So that you can monitor all modifications, see how the boost increases, and watch for any danger with high exhaust temps. The factory has you covered to the point of not being able to do too much damage as stock, but as you add equipment, more fuel etc. you can get into high temps.
Next I'd go with an air filter "Amsoil" and then a free flowing exhaust system. Next cooling system modifications, 130 gpm water pump, w/dual 180* thermostats, radiator cleaned inside and out, then a performance chip (94-95 models). High flow injectors, and on & on. Have fun and enjoy the power. smile.gif