PDA

View Full Version : Juice- Problem or Not

Murray the Cop
06-15-2004, 08:18
I have the juice with the attitude on my truck. Keep it in level 4 unless I'm towing. The question I have is on the quality of the shifting. The shifts seem to feel as though the tranny was a standard and the clutch slips. The rpms will rise slightly then it feels as though it shifts. I was told that this is the defueling between shifts but I get the same shift when set on defuel or no defuel. The truck has 31000 on it and I did put the tranny in safe mode a few times when I was running the Quad box (at under 20000). When I am taking it easy the shifts are ok, it happens when I am heavy on the fuel. I am using Royal Purple tranny fluid and it seems to happen when the tranny is hot. When it is cold,it bangs the first few shifts. Is the defuel feature working or is it the tranny? Thanks

mark45678
06-15-2004, 11:47
It sounds like your trans is trying to over compensate for slipage by raiseing the line presure up and this causes the harsh shifts..... level 4 juice is a lot of extra power! and it will cause limp mode in 5th gear! I would try running allison synthetic first see if that helps ,my bet is the clutches need replaced ? I dont know enough about your trans fluid but I would not disclose this to the dealer if its under warrenty! the allison stuff is 26.00 per gallon.... red just like dextronIII :D

rickdlance
06-15-2004, 19:02
I have found with my trucks that it is better to work your way up. Start in level 1 for a week, then 2 for a week, etc. That seems to give the Allison time to learn how to handle the new power. I used to run on level 2, and then I had level 4 on tow/haul. Just switching to tow/haul to show off or smoke a rice burner would kinda freak out the Allison.