PDA

View Full Version : 4 or 8 New Injectors?

MaxACL
06-22-2004, 13:41
Called the dealer in Mount Holly NJ and my truck is ready (after two months). He said he replaced 4 injectors on one side but not the other 4 which is OK with me but didn't I reed somewhere that all 8 should be/must be replaced?

Now I see on another post that coolant leaking from the overflow tube(?) was caused by an injector tube that isn't covered by the warranty. This was the reason for the dealer visit.

And not to look a gift horse in the mouth but the injectors were replaced 10 months ago where I paid the $100 deductible and was happy to do so. Those injectors are now bad and they want another $100.

Somebody gimme some ammo, I'm flying up there Saturday to get it.

On a lighter note... I'm returning home from the most God Forsaken area on the earth and Home... America has never been so Beautiful. I feel so blessed. Please remember our people that are still there when the 4th of July comes around. Trying to describe the living and working conditions that everyone endures, especially the younger ones can not be done. Download and play Red Skentons "Pledge Of Allegiance"

Mike

MaxACL
06-22-2004, 13:57
On Edit... Make that: Red Skelton

dieseldog62
06-22-2004, 18:04
MaxACL,
What problem are you having with injectors , & how many miles do you have on truck . GM has extended warranty on injectors with certain conditions . If yours meets those conditions they will replace all 8 with no deductible.

dieseldog62

rickdlance
06-22-2004, 19:18
Also from what I understand they have a form to get a refund on your $100.

MaxACL
06-22-2004, 19:41
dieseldog62

Idle, coolant smell... that it. I'm aware of the letter for 200,000 miles, got it here today. I have 99,000 miles on the truck and 30,000 on the current injectors. You sure about the "No Deductable"?

Sure miss my truck!

Mike

56Nomad
06-22-2004, 20:39
Mike, Thank you.......

http://www.spiritisup.com/pledgeofallegiance.html

dieseldog62
06-23-2004, 04:13
Mike,
Zero deductible applies only to inj. problems related to high fuel return rate problem.( loss of power, fuel in crankcase,& certain DTCs. It sounds to me like you may have inj. tubes leaking , which would not fall under same policy. Should be covered with $100 ded. as long as truck has not been in service more than 5 yrs by vehicle delivery date or 100,000 miles. Since you can't drive it now, you're ok on miles , but you need to get it fixed before 100k or it will get costly. Hope this helps.

Phil

MaxACL
06-23-2004, 04:30
dieseldog62

Since I reported it to the dealer prior to the 100,000 milemarker and it is still leaking coolant at... say 120,000, wouldn't I have a wheel to stand on to get them to do the repair?

56Nomad

Thanks for the link to the Pledge. I leave today for my next duty and will email it ahead. Did the public schools delete the passage "Under God?"

Mike

dieseldog62
06-23-2004, 04:45
Mike,
You may still get it covered later , but I'd want it in writing before takin that chance , not just someone's word.How long til you're back home? You should have plenty of time on your 5 yrs. as long as mileage doesn't go any higher. I'm pretty sure I saw "under God" will stay in pledge.

Phil

Turbo Al
06-23-2004, 05:40
Mike --- WELCOME BACK --- as a Canadian I appreciate what you and your fellow servicemen/women are doing over there.
Best of luck with the truck. Also check the workorder over carefully and see just how many injectors they charged back to GM.
Al