PDA

View Full Version : Hey juice guys.

tmg115
06-16-2002, 12:54
ok i have a few questions that i think i asked before but i am going to ask again.

1ST: when you are at a stop light and it turns green can you spin the tires WITHOUT spooliing the turbo up? like just when the light turns green you punch it and will the tires spin?

2ND: have you seen a MPG change at all?

3RD:has there been any problems?

4TH: has anyone stacked it with the Duramaximizer?

Thanks for your help.

stretch
06-16-2002, 14:38
1st. NO, but my results may not be typical. It seems to be alot of different results between trucks.
2nd. NO. If you drive the same the mileage stays the same.
3rd. Fishbite.Hopefully they will rectify this nuisance soon but that's all it is, just a slight nuisance
4th. Not yet but when I'm feeling bold someday, I may try the PowerPlay with it. :cool:

mark45678
06-16-2002, 16:48
I picked up about 1.5 mpg with juice but mine wasnt getting what everyone claimed to get! I see in the mid 17'teens driveing it hard....(80+mph,stop light express). I to have a fishbite problem, its not always present? I will be looking for a fix this week! from a stand still it will NOT burn the tires from a stand still but I have 1000 lbs in the bed all the time! HUGE power increase!!!!mostly in the mid range where you want it! I am sure you cant stack with anything that adds timeing to the motor,juice adds I think the maxamizer does to?It maybe posible to stack with the old power play thats just fuel presure right? I have a 4" exhaust and juice on lever 4 will slip the trans slighty but only some time? dont know why and as soon as I feel it shutter even a little I back off! The juice does a good job of limiting power on up shifts until its locked in gear then its really pulling hard! In my opinion the juice gives all the power that a stock Allison can handle,and the 4" exhaust just adds to it. I will look into the allison a little more to see if differnt fluid will help and maybe after market stuff to make her hook Hard! :D but for now I am happy with level 3, dont want to hurt her!

opiekelly
06-18-2002, 21:27
#1 no, but the tires will bark between gears 1 and 2.
#2 MPG has not really changed.
#3 When cold (first 5 minutes after starting) occasional cladder, pilot injection shutting off, minor problem.

Billy14
06-19-2002, 01:31
tmg115,

Normally my beast won't break em loose from a stop but it depends on pavement surface. When on old, slick asphalt especially on a slight grade, lookout. Spin like crazy in 1st. When second drops in the turbo is already wound up so you better be ready to go sideways especially on grade.
If your running stock 245's, I would think it would smoke em from a stop but maybe not.

Don't know about mileage cause I just can't seem to keep my foot out of it. It's just too much fun.

After the truck reaches temperature, it takes about twice as long on the key to start. Probably be after a starter before it's time. Blows a pretty thick cloud of black smoke when you stand on it. Other than that, no problems, no codes, only big problem is I'll be looking for another pair of BFG 295's for the rear before long.

On Edit: Did the tranny fast learn after Juice install. No fishbite or slippage & shifting is VERY positive & firm with normal easy driving (level #4). If I stand on it, shifts are soft & prolonged which I understand is what it is supposed to do.

Billy

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: Billy14 ]</p>